NEW! The General's Epcot, Magic Kingdom Update: Small World, 20K, TK, Figment! & More

PurpleDragon

SewIn2Disney said:
Well. yeah that's what I ment. Like, this guy (or girl) probably stole the costume, thinking they could make a small fortune on it. I was under the impression that CM's picked up their costume before their shift and returned it at the end of the day. It was never in their possesion, so I don't know how this person got to take home their costume. (I know if that were me, there's no way I'd sell it!)
Whats bad is that unless that person registered on ebay under a bogus name, Diney could easily get that persons info an track them down and prosecute them for theft. However for a costume that probably cost WDC $10 to make, I don't think they will throw up much of a fuss.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I did not go into the grotto, DisneyGrl. I do not think it was open/operating when I was there. Plus I wanted to catch PhilharMagic. :D I think it's safe to say everything is still about the same.

Sew - That's not something a Cast Member is allowed to do. Usually if a costume is going into retirement, it is destroyed. That's not to say I wouldn't make a certain purchase on Ebay. . :lookaroun :D The Exxon logo, however, is being removed from the patch.

PurpleDragon - I do not think you'll see much of anything until a new sponsor (let's hope!) takes over the pavilion. I did, however, notice white screens (when looking at the roof from the construction wall); these might have been there already. Once I find out anything, it will be up ASAP. In short: for now, I don't know of anything new going on in there.

Nothing new on SeaCabs, jmaxwell. I wasn't able to make it in Seas, but last I heard, Disney had installed the Nemo hollograms but found a possible reopening too expensive as potential leaks have been discovered.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
Nothing new on SeaCabs, jmaxwell. I wasn't able to make it in Seas, but last I heard, Disney had installed the Nemo hollograms but found a possible reopening too expensive as potential leaks have been discovered.

thanks for the reply........................ i hope that they can come up with the money and restore this fun part of the experience.

it just seems to me, that if you have a tunnel that is connected to the main building anyway, wouldnt the potential cracks (flooding if burst) endanger the whole attraction to a certain extent. i know it would be worse if you were actually in the tunnel, but millions of gallons of water sure would flood the floors of sea base alpha.

OliveMcFly

Oh Grizzy...I love your updates. I am still amazed by the pictures of 20K. Sorry for asking, I havn't been on lately, what's up with WOL that it's closed?

TTATraveler

Excellent Update Grizz!! :sohappy: Your updates are the next best thing to actually being at WDW.

The average crowds of 12,000-14,000 for COP you mentioned: Is that good or weak?

MicBat

DisneyGrl85 said:
Oh Grizzy...I love your updates. I am still amazed by the pictures of 20K. Sorry for asking, I havn't been on lately, what's up with WOL that it's closed?
It's been closed only opening seasonally. The last time it was open was for the Extra magic Hours After Dark testing back in May and in April before then.

WDWScottieBoy

Grizz....EXCELLENT as always. I always look forward to your updates, and with pictures that makes it so much nicer to put a visual to everything. Thanks for sharing those.

I wish WoL would open the first week of December while I'm there. Will there be another update in a week or two as I think I remember you wanting to take 2-3 trips during December.

phlydude

Great job Grizz, always liked the photo updates!!

Can't wait to see it all decorated for Christmas - have never been at this time of year.

The funny thing is that the wife can't wait to go more than me - go figure!!

OliveMcFly

MicBat - It's been closed only opening seasonally. The last time it was open was for the Extra magic Hours After Dark testing back in May and in April before then.
Are they doing anything really drastic? I havn't been in since I was little and if they're changing it anytime soon I wanna see it again.

Pictures!

Nice Pictures Gizz! Not to get off track but can someone Pictures of Expidition Everest? I'm dying to see how it looks right now i mean no one has had any pictures since October 16th i think!!! well if you do thanks.

MickeyMan101

~One man's dream is another man's adventure!~

IM me at Manutdwanab18
or e-mail at
Schwenkietwo@hotmail.com

MicBat

DisneyGrl85 said:
Are they doing anything really drastic? I havn't been in since I was little and if they're changing it anytime soon I wanna see it again.
I'd go while you still could. Although nothing is being done immediately, usually when an attraction does what Wonders is doing now, it's close to becoming extinct.

prberk

Great update, as usual!!

Did you get to ride the Carousel of Progress, or the Hall of Presidents? If so, anything to say about their upkeep or audience attendance/reaction?

Paul

General Grizz

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
Excellent Update Grizz!! :sohappy: Your updates are the next best thing to actually being at WDW.

The average crowds of 12,000-14,000 for COP you mentioned: Is that good or weak?
That sounds pretty darn good, considering the most popular attraction on property - SE - averages around 18,000/day.

Prberk - I did not get to see HoP this time around. I did, however, see it in the morning about a month ago. Guest reaction was positive - clapping, but nothing really unusual.

We had an evening show of CoP, so it was about a 30 person audience (during the parades, constant loading), and there was laughing, singing, and clapping at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom