New T Shirts at Mouse Gear

mickeysaver

Someone in merchandising missed the target by just a little in not also offering the Refurb shirt as part of a workout gear set. I showed the shirt to my partner and she immediately said, if they make it into a mens and womens workout gear, she will buy 6.

[Disney are you watching?]

Clamman73

I always liked these in the '80s. I think mine from then have disintegrated by now.
picture.php

Foolish Mortal

What's the point of the refurb one?

Is it for people on a diet? (Like, "this body is being refurbed for your future enjoyment"?)

I find most theme park shirts to be tacky, but that one just strikes me as odd and random.

It's something that us WDW fanatics can relate to having seen it so much. If I saw somebody wearing it in the real world it would give me a laugh and make me think of WDW (as if I don't think of it enough). Plus it might be a nice conversation starter with a fellow WDW fan. Just like the Por Favor shirt.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love the refurb shirt! I will definitely be getting that one in February when I go back.

I also love how Disney's merchandise (at least some of it) has a sense of humor and caters to repeat visitors a bit (because I can't see any once in a lifetime visitors opting for the refurb shirt).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I love the refurb shirt! I will definitely be getting that one in February when I go back.

I also love how Disney's merchandise (at least some of it) has a sense of humor and caters to repeat visitors a bit (because I can't see any once in a lifetime visitors opting for the refurb shirt).

I like those shirts too. They're definitely catering too hard core fans.

stuart

Some of the t-shirts that they do in the humour and retro range are really good. To think as well that when the first retro t-shirts for EPCOT 25th came out it was meant to be limited edition - i don't think the realised at that point the demand there would be.

While some of these t-shirts are fine for wearing around WDW, same for the 'year logo' ones, they aren't what your likely to wear down the town. I would quite like if Disney expanded their range of polo shirts in a couple of colours with a basic park or ride logo on the chest as they have done for a while now with just 'Walt Disney World' as I imagine they would do quite well. I know they did some Epcot ones in a dark green and grey shade a couple years back.

Bairstow

So what other DisneyMeme shirts could they come out with?

Dole Whip?
Bird on a Stick?
Disco Yeti?
Oh No, That's a Brazilian Tour Group?

The Duck

I'll be looking for the "Refurbishment" shirt as well. As far as the Goofy/Parade shirt, I still like to ask that question to an unsuspecting CM every once in a while. I give them a wink and let them know that I'm joking but for a moment or two, the look on their faces is priceless.

captainkidd

I think the refurb shirt does nothing but make Disney look bad. Are they proud of the fact that the parks have looked more like construction zones than theme parks the past few years? I get it, things have to be refurbed, blah blah blah. But seriously, this constant construction on dozens of areas of each park at one time is nothing they should be bragging about.

Sad thing is, while I find the Goofy shirt funny, it's actually kind of a smack upside the head to the less intelligent Disney visitor. Not sure if it's an urban legend, but CM's say it's the most commonly asked question they get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom