New Survey from Universal on Airport Transportation

fosse76

Original Poster
I just took a survey for Universal regarding names for an airport transfer service. I guess Universal is now going to directly compete with Disney for ALL your vacation time. The names they had weren't all great. Most seemed like vacation planning applications (Universal Go, Universal's Go, Universal Vacation Connection). Others were just boring (Universal Next, Universal Non-stop). And one was cliched: Universal Super Star Shuttle. I chose the latter since it was the only one that made sense.

*Q*

I just took a survey for Universal regarding names for an airport transfer service. I guess Universal is now going to directly compete with Disney for ALL your vacation time. The names they had weren't all great. Most seemed like vacation planning applications (Universal Go, Universal's Go, Universal Vacation Connection). Others were just boring (Universal Next, Universal Non-stop). And one was cliched: Universal Super Star Shuttle. I chose the latter since it was the only one that made sense.

The Super Star Shuttle is a name they already use for the bus they run between Universal, Wet 'n Wild, SeaWorld, and Aquatica.

JoeCamel

I think you are correct.

Reading that I can't tell if it is $35 each way or $35 for the round trip, it is mentioned but it could be clearer. (Most of Universal's websites are like that) I heard $35 RT and if that is all it is they should roll it into the package cost. No car parking to collect on after all.

edit: It looks like you have to have the "travel wallet" to get on the shuttle so it would be package vacation only. With the pricing of that $35 should be rolled in as they have plenty of margin on the packages compared to what you can book for yourself.

Last edited:

BrianV

I think you are correct.

Reading that I can't tell if it is $35 each way or $35 for the round trip, it is mentioned but it could be clearer. (Most of Universal's websites are like that) I heard $35 RT and if that is all it is they should roll it into the package cost. No car parking to collect on after all.

edit: It looks like you have to have the "travel wallet" to get on the shuttle so it would be package vacation only. With the pricing of that $35 should be rolled in as they have plenty of margin on the packages compared to what you can book for yourself.

For a family of 4 cabs would be cheaper. For a couple this is only marginally cheaper (if it's round trip price) and can't be more convenient than cabs.

JoeCamel

They charge for parking at the hotels, if they offer free transfers then maybe they should offer free parking.

I have to agree, the only things that chap me more than forced parking charges are "resort fees" or "gratuity included on all bills" (18%). I wonder how I would do at an all inclusive?

JoeCamel

Nothing in the survey indicated that it would be a pay service nor a free service (at least not that I recall).

We determined what the survey was about and it is the new service starting 9/1/2015 for vacation packages. Seems that are looking for input on the current name and several options.

Jon81uk

I have to agree, the only things that chap me more than forced parking charges are "resort fees" or "gratuity included on all bills" (18%). I wonder how I would do at an all inclusive?

Disney resorts include parking and transfers (magical express) in the per night price whether you use them or not of course.

JoeCamel

So people like myself who drive in have to pay a parking fee yet Universal will give you a free ride for the same room price? I'm not seeing the fair in that.

If you book a package then yes it is the same price but if you do as you should do and book stay and park separately then you are paying much less than the package people

Cmdr_Crimson

I Called Universal asking about the Superstar Shuttle and asked if they do allow guests who have "room only" reservations if they could use it.....Unfortunately you can't....

Best way is Booking with Mears online and get a Roundtrip shuttle from them for $28.

jloucks

A lot of these solutions work great if you're traveling alone. But if you are a family of 4 or more, Taxi actually becomes the cheapest. By ridiculously far.

...not counting Uber.

Any 'per person' solution over $10 each is not worth it after 4.

DABIGCHEEZ

Since someone brought up the parking fee.... that really bothers me. I mean my kids LOVE Bubba Gump and we usually hit it on the way into or through the area. We don't go to the parks every year. But having to pay full price to park when going for a late lunch/early dinner is crazy. They should offer some kind of discount if you are only going to City Walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom