New Star Tours scenes

dvitali

Original Poster
While standing at the rope drop at HS a CM told me he got to see some of the new action scenes in Star Tours.
Got on as one of the first in the morning and my first part was the pod race/ general ackbar/ and to me a new nighttime city landing that have very close action shots in very sharp HD.
Just want to see if any other persons experience any new scence.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They have over 55-60 possible sequences so it may not be new and it's just the first you have seen of these.
They are random so some may see the same over and over while some may see different ones every time. :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think new ones were being introduced for The Force Awakens....also, Tokyo just got their Star Tours upgraded to the the new version this week, so possibly they introduced the new ones at the same time everywhere?

sxeensweet

I think new ones were being introduced for The Force Awakens....also, Tokyo just got their Star Tours upgraded to the the new version this week, so possibly they introduced the new ones at the same time everywhere?
Possible but had not heard anything concrete yet. :)

sxeensweet

None of the new scened you describe are new. The new ones will go active closer to The Force Awakens.

The ending scene you are describing is Coruscant.
That's what I thought as there is so many of them so some may seem new to some people. Thanks for the info. I know I have not even come close to seeing all the 55 or so sequences they have! Lol :)

habuma

That's what I thought as there is so many of them so some may seem new to some people. Thanks for the info. I know I have not even come close to seeing all the 55 or so sequences they have! Lol :)

To be clear, there are 54 possible combinations currently: 2 different scenes in the first section, 3 different scenes in the second section, 3 different holograms in the third section, and then 3 different scenes in the fourth section. 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 54. Not counting the holograms (which really aren't that exciting, IMO), you get 2 x 3 x 3 = 18 different combinations of scenes.

It doesn't take too many rides to see them all...in fact, if you're lucky and don't get any repeats (exception in the first section), you only need to ride it 3 times to see them all. My point: You might *have* seen them all.

sxeensweet

To be clear, there are 54 possible combinations currently: 2 different scenes in the first section, 3 different scenes in the second section, 3 different holograms in the third section, and then 3 different scenes in the fourth section. 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 54. Not counting the holograms (which really aren't that exciting, IMO), you get 2 x 3 x 3 = 18 different combinations of scenes.

It doesn't take too many rides to see them all...in fact, if you're lucky and don't get any repeats (exception in the first section), you only need to ride it 3 times to see them all. My point: You might *have* seen them all.
Thanks for the specifics. But I know I personally have not seen them all because see the same one most rides. Lol. Maybe one day I'll see them all. :)

captainmoch

I hope that when the new one comes, they make it the only one for at least a month. It would be annoying having to constantly re-ride it to see if you get it. Or at least have half the simulators making that one default, half of them playing it randomly normally.

dvitali

Original Poster
Sorry i guess i do not remember Cousant. The action that was film for the final landing seem differant than others ( an outdoor helipad at night vs a return to star tours) plus C3PO saying something differant as the bay blast sheild came down. May me think something was differant.

MickeyMomV

A couple of trips ago during the after party for the ToT 10 mile race my DH and DS son rode the ride 8 or 9 times in a row and seen every scene a couple of times. When we were there 2 weeks ago my DH swears there was a new scene. He asked the CM when we got off the ride and he said there were no new scenes at that time and it would be a "little while" before new ones would be added. It just goes to show that no matter how many times you see some of the scenes the mix of the events can make them look new.

FettFan

While standing at the rope drop at HS a CM told me he got to see some of the new action scenes in Star Tours.
Got on as one of the first in the morning and my first part was the pod race/ general ackbar/ and to me a new nighttime city landing that have very close action shots in very sharp HD.
Just want to see if any other persons experience any new scence.

That's not new. That's the Coruscant sequence that follows the speeder chase from Attack of the Clones.

As for the Force Awakens new sequence....I wanna see Jakku, after the awesome Battlefront trailer released yesterday...

lazyboy97o

The Adventures Continue opened at Tokyo Disneyland awhile ago. It only has a different queue, with Star Tours being a subsidiary of Sacul Industries.

TB4244

It took me 10 attempts to see everything, I left Mrs TB4244 at Tatooine Traders while I rode, got off, queued again and so on...
By the end of the 8th ride I only had Hoth left to see, that one eluded me until the 10th time. I was happy to do something else after that.

habuma

It took me 10 attempts to see everything, I left Mrs TB4244 at Tatooine Traders while I rode, got off, queued again and so on...
By the end of the 8th ride I only had Hoth left to see, that one eluded me until the 10th time. I was happy to do something else after that.

Wow...I almost always get Hoth. It's one of my favorite segments. I also like the ending segment where the droid breaks through the glass, but I don't get that one quite as often. I almost never get Kashyyyk or the podracer scene.

habuma

Is that the wookie planet? I get that one almost every time!

Yep, the Wookiee planet. I think I've only seen it twice. And I think I've only seen the pod racing scene twice. All of the other times it has been Hoth. I can almost quote it. ("Nobody move! I mean, everybody move! Lean back!")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom