New Spaceship Earth Sponsor

Yoop33

Thrawn said:
Sprint/Nextel has one of the best networks in the country, second only to Cingular. Disney creating their own network isn't a viable option, so going with Sprint is the logical next choice.

The problem have with Sprint it that they cause to many problems for themselves. A while back they started a program where almost everyone and their moms would get approved for service which almost made Sprint fold costing them way too much money in Collections. Not to mention they rarely test things to perfection before launching them including their push to talk set up. I have nothing against Nextel although their coverage is not that greatest mostly due to them being the only company to ever work on the iDEN network.
As for Cingular..... trust me when I say there is still a lot of bugs to work out. Although GSM is a very good network and perfect for world travel (which I think would have been a better idea for Disney) they are still trying to get the AT&T and Cingular networks and programs combined.

coln84

Yoop33 said:
The problem have with Sprint it that they cause to many problems for themselves. A while back they started a program where almost everyone and their moms would get approved for service which almost made Sprint fold costing them way too much money in Collections. Not to mention they rarely test things to perfection before launching them including their push to talk set up. I have nothing against Nextel although their coverage is not that greatest mostly due to them being the only company to ever work on the iDEN network.
As for Cingular..... trust me when I say there is still a lot of bugs to work out. Although GSM is a very good network and perfect for world travel (which I think would have been a better idea for Disney) they are still trying to get the AT&T and Cingular networks and programs combined.

Sprint and Disney will not even be using the Nextel network. In fact, I truly believe that Sprint only wanted Nextel was for thier PTT. Sprint and Disney sounds like a wonderful idea since Sprint already has a similiar agreement with Virgin Mobile and Airlink. Cingular GSM is a nice network but everytime an upgrade is done, thier capacity decreases and thats the complete opposite for Sprint. However, just to spark a debate, it is interesting to know that T-Mobile has 'mini-towers' to provide reception inside ToT. I also believe there are a few others as well. Is there anyone that works for T-Mobile that would be able to tell us what other rides/attractions have these towers?

Yoop33

I am not sure of what other rides have them but GT-Mobile just invested $19 Million in towers in the Orlando/ Disney area. That is a lot of towers. People with T-Mobile should have no problem anywhere in Disney

jedimaster1227

PhotoDave219 said:
There was a rumor that Nextel was to become the sponsor, but seems to have died a quiet death, especially with Sprint buying nextel....

It would make sense though, Nextel is the one that installed the Cell Phone towers across WDW, including the infamous Tree Tower at AK.:lol:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, since SSE is about communication - it's history and future - and Disney has signed up with Sprint/Nextel on a cell phone deal, it seems rather plausible that Sprint/Nextel could sponsor the attraction. Maybe they'd put something in the post-show area, instead of ugly walls. :)

And I know someone who works at T-Mobile (a manager), so I could definitely try to find out what they have inside WDW. But no guarantees.

Yoop33

If you go to T-Mobile.com and type in the zip code it will pull up a map. A lot of times they will not show tower location but you can kind of tell from where the better reception is.

KumbaRider

jedimaster1227 said:
It would make sense though, Nextel is the one that installed the Cell Phone towers across WDW, including the infamous Tree Tower at AK.:lol:

Exactly. It would make sense for them to sponsor if they do end up teaming with Disney for the cell phone service. The older sponsor rumors included Microsoft, who wanted to overhaul the entire attraction. Either way, I'd like to see SE get a Small World style refurbishment.

dr_teeth90210

TiggerRPh said:
After the "helpful" deathstar talk finally some intelligent thought as to who the new sponsor might be.

I know a while ago, there was talk of Microsoft possibly sponsoring the attraction....but apparently that isn't going anywhere since we've heard nothing more.

That's why your here, TiggerRPH, to keep things intelligent. :hammer:

So let's all pull random companies out of our arses and say they'll be the next sponsor of SSE.

I'll speculate that Comcast will be the next spnsor.

Connor002

dr_teeth90210 said:
That's why your here, TiggerRPH, to keep things intelligent. :hammer:

So let's all pull random companies out of our arses and say they'll be the next sponsor of SSE.

I'll speculate that Comcast will be the next spnsor.

That one made me laugh.:lol:

I imagine that could be an awkward bargining session...:zipit:

Disneydude55

So wait is that phone being sold by disney in the US? Are they available to buy? Can somone please explain this to me im a little slow! :hammer: :lol:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Disneydude55 said:
So wait is that phone being sold by disney in the US? Are they available to buy? Can somone please explain this to me im a little slow! :hammer: :lol:

No, thats Asian markets only.

-SIR-

I was chatting with a castmember at the exit of spaceship earth a while back about the old post ride show and the condition of SSE in general. He actually took me back for a look behind the wall's to see some of the old stuff... just sitting there with no one to play with it. It was pretty sad... he told me about the Nextel rumor and even though I diddnt think a whole lot of it I relayed the info to screamscape and they posted it there. I think that any sponser at this point would be a good sponser (within reason) because its obvious disney won't be shelling out the money to get SSE updated as well as getting a good post show up instead of a big empty room. Let's all hope for the best!

All I know for sure is that we LOVE Spaceship Earth and although it may need some refurbishing, IT BETTER STAY THE SAME!!! Look what happened to Journey to the Imagination. It was ruined. Leave the classics alone and build new things.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Glasgow said:
How about if Disney just sponsors SSE and fixes the post show area? Sheesh! :)

The problem with the post show area is that everything in it is related to or belongs to AT&T. Disney doesn't want to give them free publicity.

OliveMcFly

I understand that AT&T is gone but, what I'm saying is just paint the place a nicer color. Those dark blue walls are terrible. I'm sure this has been discussed and I'm sorry for being a stick in the mud, I have to catch up.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DisneyGrl85 said:
I understand that AT&T is gone but, what I'm saying is just paint the place a nicer color. Those dark blue walls are terrible. I'm sure this has been discussed and I'm sorry for being a stick in the mud, I have to catch up.

The post show area was always a dark blue color, even before it was just a pathway out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom