New Spaceship Earth narrator offically confirmed by Disney

Harry456

*GASP* *GASP* !!!!!!!!

Dame Judi Dench!?!?!?!?!? she was the best "M" of the bonds film and she was AWESOME in God of War!!! thank you, Disney! *bows to Disney's feet and starts kissing it* THANK YOU!!!

yeah it was definitely Linda Hunt...but no biggy...I am excited about Dench narrating although I will still miss Jeremy Irons putting me to sleep on the decent

Mr_Tom_Morrow

cool deal!!! cant wait to hear this...I too will miss Mr Irons version,but I do have the mastered narration track on my ipod so if i even feel the urge then the earphones are goin in :D

marksniles

Well, if she's not well received you can bet they'll replace her right away, like Vic Perrin!

I like the female voice at the beginning, decent, and return but I'm not so sure as a narrator.

This announcement slowed down my anticipation.

Come on Disney!

Skippy

I agree! I don't know what it's going to be like having a female voice leading you through instead of a male voice. We'll have to wait and see.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Jodi Dench did a fine job narrating Chronicls of Riddick so I would imagine she will do good here. Certainly an improvement over Vic Perrin and Walter Cronkite who had really boring voices.

Bolna

I wonder whether the choice of an European actress is in any way connected with the sponsor being from Europe, too. Even though Dame Judi Dench is British and Siemens is a German company, I think she is much better known in Europe than in the USA.

I think it is a fantastic choice, she is a great actress!

WDWGuy

While I am pleased with the choice of the new narrator...

I can't help but really not care WHO the narrator is as long as the Audio doesn't cut out every 15 seconds on some of the TMV's.

I REALLY hope they addressed that problem and upgraded the audio systems!

:lookaroun:lookaroun

The whole article from the portal:
Glendale, Calif., Nov. 29, 2007 - Ten time Emmy®-award winning composer Bruce Broughton conducted a 63-piece orchestra and 24-voice choir for a new musical score for Spaceship Earth at Walt Disney World Resort. Walt Disney Imagineers have been re-imagining the iconic Epcot attraction since earlier this year, and have added new show scenes to the attraction's story line, along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, and a new narrator - Academy Award®-winning, English actress Dame Judi Dench.

For the musical score, each scene was infused with musical styles and instruments appropriate to the time period, which was not an easy task according to Walt Disney Imagineering senior show producer Bob Zalk. "To have that score transition smoothly as vehicles travel from one time period to the next is extremely difficult," he said. "The first time we rode through the attraction accompanied by that music, we were amazed."

Spaceship Earth has been on hiatus since earlier this year, and is expected to re-open in December for sneak previews. When it re-opens, Spaceship Earth will combine the magic of the iconic attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale and post-show, presented by Siemens, which provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures. Guests discover how each generation of mankind has invented the future for the next generation, and how the spirit of innovation has moved people from the caves to the cosmos.

diddy_mouse

That's pretty cool news! It will certianly be different without Jeremy Irons, but I'm am welcoming the change! :wave: Oh, and after reading that article I am *very* curious as to how the SSE score will sound.

DisneyJunkie

As much as I enjoy Judi Dench as M in the Bond films, I don't think her voice is anything special. I've always liked Jeremy Irons' narration and now I guess I can only enjoy hearing that on the .mp3 of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom