New space mountain line routing

basas

That "quiet area" next to the Skyway building is currently being looked at for that exact proposal you mentioned. If one of my managers gets his way, than the Fastpass line would come in from that direction while we would have better looking butterfly-type extension queues outside the front, similar to Buzz. Everyone hates using the butterflies inside the building so they are looking at other options to not use them.

Oh, and by the way, we don't have lockable doors. Just a chain and a trash can :)

Oh...that would be nice! Is it just me or has queue management taken a nosedive in the past few years...? I'd love to see them start to control the queues again starting with Space (and how about Test Track...why don't they leave that outside queue setup year round?!).

I haven't ever seen this type of queue during the Fastpass era, but I remember having to go through all of the maze switchbacks many years ago. I would venture a guess and say that it is to try and relieve congestion outside of Space Mountain.

BwanaBob

The inside switchbacks worked fine for several *cough15+cough* years.

I say bring back the tv's and the supernova music!!!
Just change it out w/ something.:D

I'm sure you would have a captive audience for some DVC commercial crap.

:lookaroun

DigitalDisney

- Remove FP from SM!
- Bring back SMTV (oh man did that thing rule)!
- Use the full switchbacks on both sides!
- Update the ride completely!

/Just my opinion

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
- Remove FP from SM!

/Just my opinion

:sohappy:

What ever happened to pre-shows and anticipation.

All this instant gratification is causing us to lose alot of magic!

IMHO

diddy_mouse

Couldn't agree more about keeping pre-shows!! They (in my mind) build up the attraction even more. Because even if the attraction is lame, you could say "but the pre-show was pretty cool!" Or vice-versa...:lookaroun :D

basas

- Remove FP from SM!

/Just my opinion

AGREED 100%!!!

Doesn't it feel so 'dead'/'depressing' in the loading area now? (without the TVs it's so quiet, and all the empty un-used switchbacks leave a desolate feeling like a house with a few boarded up windows). It sure does remind you of its glory days when the loading area was lively and filled with action and anticipation. Maybe it's just me, but whenever I walk through there something feels a little bit 'off'.

I'm also all for removing FP....

Coreo

I was at MK yesterday and found an interesting new line routing. Instead of splitting fastpass and standby at the top of the ramp and then just having everybody go immediately left or right they were doing something different. At the split off, Fastpass was routed left or right directly to the maze row closest to the loading platform. Standby was sent left or right to the farthest maze row by the back row and sent through a couple of switchbacks. Standby then ended up at the entrance to the first row of the maze where a CM was stationed to do the Standby/fastpass mix.

I don't know if this is new but it's the first time I've seen it. Other than utilizing some of the maze that used to be empty I'm not sure what it accomplishes other than making the standby line not go as far back down the hallway because more are held in the loading area maze.

I'm also a CM. We call that system Merge A & B. We all HATE it because the guests in stand-by yell at us for letting fastpass go in front of them. We just use it as a last resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom