New smells in POC

bstiles

Original Poster
I rode pirates the other day and it seems they added smells to the ride. The first noticeable smell is after the drop in the scene with barbosa. It smells like gun powder. Next is the scene with the drunken pirate and cat. Apparently if you like spiced rum you'll love this smell. Finally in the burning town scene it smells like fire and sulphur. I haven't seen these posted before just wondering if they are new!

tirian

I rode pirates the other day and it seems they added smells to the ride. The first noticeable smell is after the drop in the scene with barbosa. It smells like gun powder. Next is the scene with the drunken pirate and cat. Apparently if you like spiced rum you'll love this smell. Finally in the burning town scene it smells like fire and sulphur. I haven't seen these posted before just wondering if they are new!
Thanks for the update! DL has had the gunpowder and sulphur smells for a few years; I'm glad to see someone at WDW cares enough to add something to POTC.

MerlinTheGoat

I noticed this myself, it's something i definitely don't remember being there before (even a long time ago, so i don't think this was a case of a long disabled effect from the 70s-90s that was turned off in the 2000s and recently switched back on).

All the town scenes have a scent. The bride auction for instance may be either flowers or the fruit laying out. I think it's different from the rum scent in the following scene. And yes the burning town smells like fire. I thought the ship battle after the drop smelled more like wood (from what are supposed to be freshly broken pieces floating in the water), though I'm not overly familiar with the scent of gunpowder.

Last edited:

gmajew

Premium Member
Yeah loved the new smells in the rooms, glad to see them added and the ride this past week when I rode it looked great! the fire room was perfect the lighting was great it was just awesome...

Dj Corona

I'm not sure if it was ever a manufactured scent, or naturally made, but the musty smell while going through the queue, (for Pirates) disappeared years ago, strangely around the same time Spaceship Earth lost the Rome "burning" smell......coincidence?? Yeah, probably!

Laura

Premium Member

I noticed the scents for the first time last month. I did not smell gun powder or spiced rum, but the Carlos don't be chicken part smelled like oranges and I did notice the burning Rome scent in the fire scene. It was really subtle though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom