New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon, "Splish'n'Splasher" Leaked to Press

Epcot82Guy

Seriously... could be much worse:

Tilly's Toilet, Flamingo Flusher, Island Can, they could even do a character tie in - the Porthole Pooh-per :lookaroun

Anyway, I think the large bowl could work with multiple rafts if they flatten it somewhat. They are built so that if one flips you can slide out. However, it would need the spillway exit instead of the traditional drop to work that way.

Regardless, a new slide like this, especially with the launched hill would be a cool addition.

Connor002

Pongo said:
If this is true, WDI needs to rethink the name.

Seriously. Splish 'n' Splasher? Crush 'n' Gusher I can handle.

But Splish 'n' Splasher?

:brick:

First order of buisness...
I think you're not thinking straight yet. Maybe you should go back to bed.
I don't see how either is worse than the other.

Secondly...
A French fansite is not an official source.
End. Of. Story.

Lastly...
I've been on the bowl slides, and personally, I think they are very overrated.

mandib

And everone always wonders why I take french. So I can read disney rumors, duh! I haven't been to TL in awhile, but this does excite me. :)

ballewclan

brisem said:
Any idea when this is suppose to be finished and open

It's still a rumor...

And if it ever may get built, its would still be in the creation stage right now so I would give it a LONG time.

GenerationX

Maybe it'll be called "Splish Splash". This will be the second step in the Bobby Darinification of Typhoon Lagoon. After all, we already have a "Lazy River" and surely "Beyond the Sea" fits something in TL. Just watch out in Shark Reef for "Mack the Knife"; those pearly white teeth will bite you.

I

I,Walt

Upper Right

linkinparknumb0 said:
now i just wish i could read french! :brick: but at least its official
There is a British flag upper right of the French home page just click it and an english page will come up. This is A fan site A very good one but still a fan site.

ToTBellHop

I said:
There is a British flag upper right of the French home page just click it and an english page will come up. This is A fan site A very good one but still a fan site.
Yeah...though from looking at those overhead pictures, it DOES appear that they are already set-up for a future expansion. Look at that random offshoot of beach chairs to the northwest of Slush 'n' Gusher. It looks suspiciously set-up for some future expansion there.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
DarkMeasures said:
Toilet Bowl slides kick ______. The ones at Six Flags Great America have it where there is even more slide after the toilet bowl.

Its not a toilet bowl then, it is a funnel :D I play alot of RCT:3 soaked

ToTBellHop

warlord said:
There are actually toilet bowl slides now that have more slide after the bowl--that's the only way you can have tubes going down those slides, as the drop down the bottom would be a little painful on the older version. These new ones are made by ProSlide.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
However, do remember that this is not simply a funnel slide. The funnel is one possible element that you may encounter depending on which slide you are knocked down by other guests' floats.

BL

lewisc

ballewclan said:
It's still a rumor...

And if it ever may get built, its would still be in the creation stage right now so I would give it a LONG time.

Rides like EE and MS take years to construct. Water slides take very little time, they are just assembled on site. The rides are "stock" with a little bit of different Disney theming.

If Disney is already clearing land it could be done quickly. My guess the work would be completed when the park is closed for a winter break. If it was going to be ready for 2007 I would have expected more rumors by now but it's not like Disney needs to do much.

ScrapIron

This may be relevant, maybe not. Anyway, from mouseplanet: "Some time in the last couple of weeks, Disney changed its water park refurbishment schedule. Blizzard Beach will now be closing first, on October 29, with Typhoon Lagoon closing in December when Blizzard Beach reopens."

Cheers.

lewisc

ScrapIron said:
This may be relevant, maybe not. Anyway, from mouseplanet: "Some time in the last couple of weeks, Disney changed its water park refurbishment schedule. Blizzard Beach will now be closing first, on October 29, with Typhoon Lagoon closing in December when Blizzard Beach reopens."

Cheers.

Probably is relevant. TL can now be closed for the few months it would take to build the next section.

That said the next section could just as easily be a new restaurant. We're seeing a lot of rumors based on very little information.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyone have any pictures from the ground level of this work????

I will have some in the very near future. Typhoonguy worked at TL one day in the past week or two and he confirmed that they are clearing more land back there. He thought it was to expand the boneyard (the area where scraps and extra stuff is stored), but I think it is to push the boneyard back and use the current boneyard area for Splish'n'Splasher.

BL

DarkMeasures

warlord said:

Actually, that other guy is right. It is a toiletbowl slide. And it is not like the RCT3 version where it is a direct drop, you just need to see it yourself.

But SFGAm is getting a Tornado slide this year. (That large sideways funnel).

I was at the park yesterday and it was half under construction.

Even for being not Disney, Hurricane Harbor is pretty nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom