NEW SGE opening Date

DispatchInhibit

Original Poster
Ok, again...this is SUBJECT to change, BUT today posted in the Tomorrowland Daily at work it was posted that SGE is now set to officially open on NOvember 16th.

General Grizz

DispatchInhibit said:
Ok, again...this is SUBJECT to change, BUT today posted in the Tomorrowland Daily at work it was posted that SGE is now set to officially open on NOvember 16th.
Thanks! :sohappy:

But OT, would you happen to have any info on the CoP rehab that was listed in the Tomorrowland Times one day, info on the Timekeeper, or info as to why the Astro Orbiter's planets aren't working? Thanks!

ButtClown44

Astro's planets don't work becuase the motors in them were not designed for external use in Florida's elements. Namely extremes in tempature, rain and hurricanes durring the summer and into fall months. As for Timekeeper and CoP, CoP is getting 2 new plasmas for the preshow each month. The 1st pair are already up. Image looks nice and sharp, even the old footage of Walt and World's Fair. Haven't heard too much about a rehab, though I will say it could use it. Timekeeper was open earlier durring the summer and may reopen come the winter holiday season. Nothing is certain.

I recomend everyone read Waking Walt. Wonderful book.

Jenngusto

I am soooo bummed! I am going down 11/4 to 11/9 but am not an annual passholder and will probably not be able to see this attraction! Boo hoo hoo. . . :brick: :( I am not sure when I will get backto WDW. . . Oh well, I was soooo hoping to experience SGE and now I am giving up hope. Oh well, it's just one more thing that these blasted hurricanes are reeping on our lives. :( :( At least it is nothing life threatening for me and my prayers are with all the surviviors and lost in Florida and other areas of the south.

se8472

well something that might cheer you up. There are always previews going before the offical opening. Its just that when the offical date comes around, that is when its suppost to be open every day.

DispatchInhibit

Original Poster
as far as CoP and Timekeeper, nothing else has been printed so I couldn't tell you. However, the timekeeper has been put to good use..LOL..it was a shelter during the hurricanes for cast member's dependants..and since the Tomorrowland Luau(sp) was cancelled because of the hurricanes we had it there instead and named it our anti-hurricane luau. As far as Astro Orbiter is concerned...I have heard two versions of why the planets don't spin anymore...the one version is previously mentioned in this thread...the other version is that there is a key to start them ( and there is ) but it was lost....I find the latter version unblievable because keys get lost all the time in Tomorrowland and we always get new ones made so i don't see why one couldn't be made again for that. ANYWAYS i did do the hurrican ride out crew in tomorrowland and the planets DID SPIN!!!!!! Well only one section and only because of the winds so ....yea...they did spin once upon a time

tigger248

DispatchInhibit said:

Oh my, someone must really hate me. :( We are gonna be there November 10-15, so that means that I am going to miss this by 1 freaking day. I don't know when I'm gonna get back to Florida either, because I'm going to Disneyland next year for the 50th.

Pixie Duster

Once again they have previews. M:S was running pretty steady for like a month for everyone before the official opening date. Official opening date is more fo rmedia than anything, if I understand it correctly.

tigger248

Pixie Duster said:
Once again they have previews. M:S was running pretty steady for like a month for everyone before the official opening date. Official opening date is more fo rmedia than anything, if I understand it correctly.

So I guess this means there's still a pretty good chance that I'll get to see it?

Just curious cause I've been kind of looking forward to this ride and was really hoping to see it (especially since I originally thought it would be open in October).

raven

General Grizz said:
...would you happen to have any info on the CoP rehab that was listed in the Tomorrowland Times one day...

Recent sources say that part of the roof on COP was damaged in the hurricane.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
So I guess this means there's still a pretty good chance that I'll get to see it?

If you are there one day before it officialy opens, I think there's a very good chance that you'll be able to experience it.

Thanks for the update! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom