New Rumor: New Shamu Rocks for 2014 and another big surprise

919Florida

Do you have any other details about the new Shamu Rocks for 2014 other then trainers in the water? Just curious if you have any other details. I love SeaWorld rumours and having ideas whats coming. By the way I love your podcast and listen to them all the time.

star77kc

Fact. Guest surveys show the guests want the trainers in the water. Good move!
Good move for who? The money hungry higher ups? It's certainly not better for the trainers or for the whales. If they are insistent on keeping these beautiful animals in a bathtub, at least make it truthful and educational. The whole animals for entertainment idea is way over-expired. Why should they have to flip in the air to get their food? It's disgusting.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Good move for who? The money hungry higher ups? It's certainly not better for the trainers or for the whales. If they are insistent on keeping these beautiful animals in a bathtub, at least make it truthful and educational. The whole animals for entertainment idea is way over-expired. Why should they have to flip in the air to get their food? It's disgusting.

For everyone. Nothing shows that the whales do not like the trainer interaction other than slanted hearsay.

They don't flip for food. They flip for treats. Like my dog does. Should I just hand my dog a treat and not make her sit, play dead, shake, dance, speak?

Last edited by a moderator:

star77kc

For everyone. Nothing shows that the whales do not like the trainer interaction other than slanted hearsay.

They don't flip for food. They flip for treats. Like my dog does. Should I just hand my dog a treat and not make her sit, play dead, shake, dance, speak? .
We are both obviously passionate about our views, and we are allowed to have them.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazyboy97o

If you watched the show you'd realize that different whales participate in large part because they are free to choose not to perform without any changes to their care.

The Empress Lilly

If you watched the show you'd realize that different whales participate in large part because they are free to choose not to perform without any changes to their care.
'Free to choose not to perform' is the last thing one can say about these animals.

Their very life is based on their unfreedom to choose to perform.

919Florida

'Free to choose not to perform' is the last thing one can say about these animals.

Their very life is based on their unfreedom to choose to perform.
Just goes to show you are never there and don’t know what really happens at the park and are just believing whatever you want to believe.

I have gone many and many times to SeaWorld and those animals are clearly able to perform or not at their choosing. SeaWorld never makes an animal perform in a show is it does not want to. Like I have said in a previous post an example from last weekend Makaio was out for a show and when a trainer told him something to do he didn’t do it. They tried again and when he would not do it they did not ask and let him go. next thing you seen he was in the back pool playing with his toys.

They are clearly able to make decisions. So stop saying they are forced to perform when they are not.

The Empress Lilly

No, they are not forced. They do not have meals withheld either if they do not perform.
The phrase 'free to perform' has a double meaning. In the first, it denotes a direct choice to perform any specific circus act or not. A freedom they have but which is a deceptive freedom. It easily is confused and confounded with the other meaning: freedom as performing circus tricks in a bathtub out of their own free will. The mixture of these two meanings - cynical if knowingly and painful if unknowingly - is what I protest here.

The second meaning is of the larger perspective. They are captive animals. Held captive to perform for commercial interests. They are the very opposite of free. Their unfreedom to choose to perform is the very essence of their captivity.

The Empress Lilly

Just goes to show you are never there and don’t know what really happens at the park and are just believing whatever you want to believe.

I have gone many and many times to SeaWorld and those animals are clearly able to perform or not at their choosing. SeaWorld never makes an animal perform in a show is it does not want to. Like I have said in a previous post an example from last weekend Makaio was out for a show and when a trainer told him something to do he didn’t do it. They tried again and when he would not do it they did not ask and let him go. next thing you seen he was in the back pool playing with his toys.

They are clearly able to make decisions. So stop saying they are forced to perform when they are not.
Don't lecture me about orcas! I know for a fact that sometimes when these fish won't perform in a show SEA replaces them by pets with costumes.

pet-orca-costume.jpg

And don't be fooled by the beady bambi eyes. This 'killer wolf' has mauled four people to death!

919Florida

Im not lecturing you. Just stating facts for you since you dont visit and dont have any REAL proof to go by. This thread is so off topic now and there is another thread where you can discuss this if you want but this is not the place for it.

The Empress Lilly

Im not lecturing you. Just stating facts for you since you dont visit and dont have any REAL proof to go by. This thread is so off topic now and there is another thread where you can discuss this if you want but this is not the place for it.
The lecturing bit is the run up to the joke. As in 'don't lecture me, I know the facts about these fish'. ;)
All in a bit to de-grumpy the mood. :mad::grumpy: --->> :):cool:

What do you get when you put a penguin with a killer whale?

Killer whale.

star77kc

Are you aware that SeaWorld has taken babies away from their mothers because they weren't "good for the show"? How is that justifiable in any way?

luv

I make my cat turn around in a circle for her treat sometimes. I also dress her up in costumes for holidays.

She doesn't mind the circles at all. She just wants the treat. She does hate the costumes, though, and usually finds a way to remove them quickly. I actually give her treats as soon as I put it on so that she'll eat them while I get the camera ready and then look up for more, so I can snap a pic. If no treat is ready immediately, she starts trying to get her costumes off...and is usually successful.

She also hates being locked up and wants to go out in the world to kill birds. Alas, she lacks the height and opposable thumb to work the door. If she could talk, her first sentence would be a Declaration of Independence.

This same cat has spent the last hour chasing a small rubber bouncing ball around the house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom