New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

JessieLightyear

They could always put merch in it and call it a day.

The building's up, no?

The exterior walls were done, but not decorated in any way. No clue on the interior, and whether it was far enough along to justify continuing with it. I can just see them closing up the walled area in the land where the concept art was hung and pretending it was never announced.

lazyboy97o

The exterior walls were done, but not decorated in any way. No clue on the interior, and whether it was far enough along to justify continuing with it. I can just see them closing up the walled area in the land where the concept art was hung and pretending it was never announced.
The exterior walls are tilt-up concrete walls. They’re not really intended to get much additional decoration added onto them. What is supposed to be visible should be a much smaller portion of the building.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site that shall not be named has just reported on a permit filing for support structures at the roundup BBQ.

The permit for "support structure" is for 555 Stage Lane which is Runaway Railroad. The restaurant is 648 Stage lane. I guess it's possible they got the address wrong, but I don't see anything else in the permit that would suggest it's for the restaurant.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The site that shall not be named has just reported on a permit filing for support structures at the roundup BBQ.

The permit for "support structure" is for 555 Stage Lane which is Runaway Railroad. The restaurant is 648 Stage lane. I guess it's possible they got the address wrong, but I don't see anything else in the permit that would suggest it's for the restaurant.

wdwrusesouffle is wrong again...shocker.

raymusiccity

The exterior walls are tilt-up concrete walls. They’re not really intended to get much additional decoration added onto them. What is supposed to be visible should be a much smaller portion of the building.
'additional decoration' seems to be set at an awfully low bar. The concept art doesn't hold out much hope for anything beyond glorified cardboard cut-outs. The standby line for Toy Story Mania looks more impressive. I don't think the 'imagineers' had much to do with the interior design. :(

lazyboy97o

'additional decoration' seems to be set at an awfully low bar. The concept art doesn't hold out much hope for anything beyond glorified cardboard cut-outs. The standby line for Toy Story Mania looks more impressive. I don't think the 'imagineers' had much to do with the interior design. :(
Even on projects that are more outsourced, Walt Disney Imagineering still supervises and approves all design work.

MrPromey

Looking at that second image (first piece of concept art), I suddenly realize how much whoever is in charge of this land really does hate people.

Even the poor reception/check in desk person has a block to stand at without shade.

I'm sure they'll get a nice temporary looking umbrella to stand under for the first week which will just become part of the norm going forward when and if this place ever opens as a restaurant. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

MrPromey

It all looks lazy and cheap...Lots of printed graphics laminated on wood cutouts...Total Meh.

Not all that unlike much of the land it's in.

My hope/fear is that this area has become Hollywood Studios' Dinorama.

I say hope in that the budget-built poor concept work with apparently no thought to Florida weather remains contained to just this piece of the park.

I say fear because even though something cheaply built and cheaply themed can be swapped out a lot quicker and easier than something like what's in the land next door, Dinorama's lasted way longer than anyone could have hoped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom