New Room Only Code today through September 30 :)

Nemo14

I booked the room only discount this morning for 9/29 and 9/30. Then I got $59 flights from SW from Providence to Orlando, so we'll be celebrating our anniversary at POR!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

banimall

Out of curiosity does anyone know how many or what percent of rooms they offer at the discounted rate. I tell you everytime I call with the code all they have left is concierge level at some ridiculous rate. Nothing beat the time I called for a value resort and they told me all they had available was the Animal Kingdom concierge for $750 a night, what a deal.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
banimall said:
Out of curiosity does anyone know how many or what percent of rooms they offer at the discounted rate. I tell you everytime I call with the code all they have left is concierge level at some ridiculous rate. Nothing beat the time I called for a value resort and they told me all they had available was the Animal Kingdom concierge for $750 a night, what a deal.
While I don't know the exact figures or the exact method Disney resorts use to calculate the rooms available for a promotion here is what many other hotel chains do and I can't imagine Disney being really any different. Using current reservations and historical data a resort can approximate the number of empty rooms for a particular time period. If those calculations show 100 empty rooms then the special will be for 100 +/- rooms if they show a sell out no special will be offered etc.

In defense of the DRC cast member that offerd the $750 room at AKL, by policy the cast member has to offer you what ever room is available for the time you ask for. JP can confirm this but I believe they will offer the lowest price room available or at least the one closest to what you were looking for. I am pretty sure they feel like morons for having to do it but they have to do what the mouse tells them to.

Upvote 0

KnK

banimall said:

I booked rooms yesterday. I had both room choices available at POP Century. Then I also booked at Wilderness Lodge. The only choices there were Courtyard and Conciege (JD) rooms.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

brkgnews said:
JP: Sorry to second guess you (I certainly do trust you!), but another site is saying travel through 9/30. Is that a typo on their part or yours?

Yes, it was a typo on my part :brick: . I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. My above post has been corrected.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

dixiegirl said:
ya, I was going to ask the same question about the date...I read (9/30 on mousesavers too.. We already booked with AAA A 9 day 8 nite stay..free dining..with park hopper pass...does the discount still apply?? We are going sept 15th -sept 23...staying at POR...Any feedback JP would be great...

Your "AAA Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dine" discount offer does still apply, and your rate will remain unchanged from what you were originally quoted. These new discount marketing offers are completely separate offers. A Guest may modify from one offer to another (based on availablity of the discounted rooms), but cannot apply two offers on the same reservation.

Hey Dixiegirl! unfortunately, the discount does NOT apply to packages.

The BPN offer only applies to Room-Only Reservations. The YYC offer only applies to Magic Your Way Packages. The YYD offer only applies to Magic Your Way Plus Dine Packages. The discounted amount is the same for all three offers.

banimall said:

The number of rooms available on any discount offer is a percentage of the unbooked rooms on the date the offer is released, for each date in the offer period. This percentage amount, or the exact number of rooms originally offered on any given date during the offer period is proprietary to our Resort Marketing Department, and is not known by anyone working at the Disney Reservation Center or at the individual Disney Resorts themselves.

Since the number of rooms discounted is based on the percentage of unbooked rooms, it is possible that they may be select dates during the offer period when there was no discount rooms offered in a select room category or Resort.

Also note, due to unauthorized advance postings by sites such as Mousesavers, on the morning an offer is released our call center will receive thousands of calls precisely at 7:00 AM eastern time when we open, resulting in many room categories selling out in the first few hours.

Master Yoda said:
In defense of the DRC cast member that offerd the $750 room at AKL, by policy the cast member has to offer you what ever room is available for the time you ask for. JP can confirm this but I believe they will offer the lowest price room available or at least the one closest to what you were looking for. I am pretty sure they feel like morons for having to do it but they have to do what the mouse tells them to.

I can confirm this. :hammer:

Upvote 0

brkgnews

No worries on the typo! You're still a veritable fount of information! :sohappy:

Now, the difficult decision on whether to go ahead and book, or wait to see if an AP rate comes out. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

LuckyBug

What if you're coming in on 9.30 and staying for 6 nights? I had thought that as long as you are booked on the ending date, you could get the discount, but according to Disney reservations last night, this special is only offered as the lady said, "For August & September." Or am I just confused?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

LuckyBug said:
What if you're coming in on 9.30 and staying for 6 nights? I had thought that as long as you are booked on the ending date, you could get the discount, but according to Disney reservations last night, this special is only offered as the lady said, "For August & September." Or am I just confused?

Whenever you book a reservation, you nightly rate is based on your arrival date, and will remain the same thoughout your stay.

With a discount offer, your arrival date must start during the offer period. Based on availablity of the discounted rooms, you can check-in on 9/30 and stay for up to 10 nights using this offer.

I do appologize if you were giving incorrect information.

Upvote 0

LuckyBug

So would you suggest that I call Disney back and see what they say about me getting the discount since I'm coming in on 9/30?

I'd love to learn more about this..but unsure how to use the PM??

Should I act like I'm making a new reservation or try to change my current reservation?

That would be great!!!!!

Upvote 0
I have a few questions about this new discount I was hoping you could answer: Does the YYC include if you already have the magic your way plus dining? and how much of a discount is it on the hotels? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom