New Rock'N Trains On The Horizon?

stitch2008

Original Poster
Apparently it's only a matter of time now before you see Rock' N Roller Coaster sporting brand new trains. The new trains would be the new Vekoma trains seen on Carolina Cobra(one example) at Carowinds. They also will have the new restraints that Space Mountain at DLP is getting.

There is a chance the trains wont be replaced and the harness's of the current trains will be replaced with the new harness's. That wouldn't be too bad. Considering most of what makes the new trains great is the harness.

I wouldn't expect to see it until 2013 at the earliest.

Gregoryp73

Apparently it's only a matter of time now before you see Rock' N Roller Coaster sporting brand new trains. The new trains would be the new Vekoma trains seen on Carolina Cobra(one example) at Carowinds. They also will have the new restraints that Space Mountain at DLP is getting.

There is a chance the trains wont be replaced and the harness's of the current trains will be replaced with the new harness's. That wouldn't be too bad. Considering most of what makes the new trains great is the harness.

I wouldn't expect to see it until 2013 at the earliest.

They junking the caddies?? I still think they should paint them all ecto-1 and turn RNRC into a ghostbusters themed ride.

invader

As long as there's no changes to the actual ride, show, or theme of the cars this a step in the right direction for RnR. :)

~ FD.

stitch2008

Original Poster
For what it's worth, Vekoma has been talking to it's clients about making the move to this kind of restraint for a little while now. They really want people to use this newer kind of restraint.

Captain Chaos

Heres a page with a rendering of what the restraints look like. Much different then the current ones, as they have more room for your head. They are softer, roomier, and don't have your head bang against the restraint.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2012/02/dlp-space-mountain-trains-will-get-new.html

Thanks... Yes, so much better and would be welcomed... Even if they don't do new trains, as long as they do these restraints, I'll be happy (though new trains can't be a bad thing, right???)...

stitch2008

Original Poster
Thanks... Yes, so much better and would be welcomed... Even if they don't do new trains, as long as they do these restraints, I'll be happy (though new trains can't be a bad thing, right???)...

Depends. Are the trains structurally in good shape? If the answer is yes, then don't replace them.

The real question is can the current trains take these restraints. They are a tad bigger then the current ones. There's also a little more to them in terms of locking mechanisms. If these can be installed without major modifications to the trains, then just reuse what you have. If it's going to take some major work, then just make sure they are similar looking limos in the end.

dreamscometrue

Those look really cool, and I imagine, more comfortable. I also don't like to be restrained too much because the illusion that I'm not strapped in too tightly makes the ride more exhilarating to me. I like to move around as much as possible so I always pull lab bars, restrainsts, etc. as loosely as I can get away with before the CM check. These new restraints look like they allow for more motion. :)

Lee

Adventurer
For what it's worth, Vekoma has been talking to it's clients about making the move to this kind of restraint for a little while now. They really want people to use this newer kind of restraint.

I don't blame them. It may be a good way to overcome their head-banging rep.:lol:

DisneyWall-E

They junking the caddies?? I still think they should paint them all ecto-1 and turn RNRC into a ghostbusters themed ride.

AMEN to that. Would love to see a Ghostbusters ride. I saw the show at Uni years ago. I thought it was awesome but than again I was like 12. So what did I know. And with the 3ed movie in the works who knows.
BTW, I know this would never happen.

stitch2008

Original Poster
I don't blame them. It may be a good way to overcome their head-banging rep.:lol:

It's a start. The new harness system is probably the best single product Vekoma has created in the last several years. But it's only a start. I think now they need a new kind of wheel/chassis system to grip the track better.

wolf359

Anything would be an improvement. Getting into Rock N Rollercoaster is always such an ordeal for me because I'm tall and the current restraint blocks most of the room when getting into the car.

Kramerica

You have to keep in mind, the RnR trains aren't your average coaster train. They have an incredibly sophisticated sound system onboard, too. Perhaps new trains could be an upgrade to the audio system they have now?

Mr_Incredible

I live in Charlotte nc and go to Carowinds all the time. The restraints in the cobra are insanely comfortable. Highly highly
Recommended. It's like a vest. Very soft. Tons of "give". Would love this on RNRC

bgraham34

There is no way a Ghostbusters ride would ever come here. If anything I would love it to somehow transform into a Rocketeer ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom