New Rides For Each Park?

Empress Room

Original Poster
The Orlando Sentinel reprinted an L.A. Times story today about theme park attendance figures (rehashing the posts that appeared here several days ago). What caught my eye, however, was the article's quote:

"Disney also has opened or will open new rides at each of its Florida parks this year and next."

Okay, new rides for EACH Florida park in 2005 and 2006. AK= EE, Epcot=Soarin' and LS (sea cabs?), but what about MGM and MK? What "new rides" opened in 2005 or are otherwise planned for 2006? MK=SGE (I suppose that's a "new" ride). What about MGM? Does the Stunt show qualify?

BTW, here's the link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...me27dec27,0,4998229.story?coll=orl-home-promo

DizWhizKid

Empress Room said:
The Orlando Sentinel reprinted an L.A. Times story today about theme park attendance figures (rehashing the posts that appeared here several days ago). What caught my eye, however, was the article's quote:

"Disney also has opened or will open new rides at each of its Florida parks this year and next."

Okay, new rides for EACH Florida park in 2005 and 2006. AK= EE, Epcot=Soarin' and LS (sea cabs?), but what about MGM and MK? What "new rides" opened in 2005 or are otherwise planned for 2006? MK=SGE (I suppose that's a "new" ride). What about MGM? Does the Stunt show qualify?

BTW, here's the link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-fi-theme27dec27,0,4998229.story?coll=orl-home-promo

It was probably referring to Cinderella Surprise at MK, since that's what Disney advertises for the MK's part in the Happiest Celebration on Earth. Yeah, it's not a ride, but when was the last time the Sentinel was that concerned about accuracy?

brertigger

MGM's new ride is Lights, Motors, Action. I saw a web ad the other day that mentioned each park and it's new attraction/show for the HCOE. MGM's was the stunt show.

New2WDW

And it is mentioning 2006 only because of EE probably. It would be great to hear about new rides! Wasn't there a rumor that at the opening of EE that there would be an even greater announcement! (of what I do not know)

stitchcastle

New2WDW said:
And it is mentioning 2006 only because of EE probably. It would be great to hear about new rides! Wasn't there a rumor that at the opening of EE that there would be an even greater announcement! (of what I do not know)

that's i'm waiting for right, now the "greater announcement". I'm crossing my fingers for Beastlie Kingdomme, and Bald Mountain

well I believe Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribean are supposed to get revamped next year. Space Mountain I guess is supposed to become more like the Disneyland version and Pirates is going to get changed to fit in with the movie trilogy. Its just a rumor right now but a strong one.

New2WDW

Ghostbuster626 said:
well I believe Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribean are supposed to get revamped next year. Space Mountain I guess is supposed to become more like the Disneyland version and Pirates is going to get changed to fit in with the movie trilogy. Its just a rumor right now but a strong one.

POC Trilogy!:eek: I loved the first movie and can not wait to see the next, and you're saying there is a third in the wings? Can you give me some more info on it?

CaptainMichael

New2WDW said:
POC Trilogy!:eek: I loved the first movie and can not wait to see the next, and you're saying there is a third in the wings? Can you give me some more info on it?
All I know is that they are filming two and three right now at the same time. I don't think we know any more than that about the third movie.

yea POTC: Dead Man's Chest comes out in 2006 and a third POTC movie comes out in 2007 (its currently filming). Not much is known about it except that some of the rumored names for it are "World's End" and "Treasures of the Lost Abyss". Im sure there are some spoilers for it somewhere on the 'net. Oh yea and its been confirmed there will be references and ties to the ride in both of them.

sgmco

Empress Room said:

I think instead of "rides", they probably meant to say "attractions" which is more all-encompassing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom