New Restuarant for Pleasure Island

hrcollectibles

Original Poster
From Screamscape

"(2/27/08) Rumors about yet another new restaurant coming to Pleasure Island have come in today, claiming that a new Mexican eatery is being talked about for the empty building site next to the Adventure’s Club across from the new Curl store."

Sounds interesting.. I like the fact that it may be going next to Adventure's Club

westie

Does anybody who's a real fan of Mexican cuisine hate dining at the San Angel Inn and love the Cantina much more like I do? Just kind of shocked that you can't get a burrito or taco at the Inn, which is kind of standard fair at all mexican restaurants.

fizzle75

LOVE Mexican food so this would be a cool thing. San Angel Inn is awesome, too!:)

I love San Angel Inn too! It's not the best Mexican food I've ever had but the amazing atmosphere makes it an amazing place for a romantic night out. I just love getting a water side table and waving at all of the Gran Fiesta tourists as they float by.

I would love to see a new Mexican resaurant at DD, but it will have to go a long way to top the "experience" of eating at San Angel Inn.

wedway71

I think we are fans of TEX-MEX not Mexican food.

Tacos,Burritos,nachos are TEX-MEX.

I went to Mexico City long time ago-and could not find a freakin taco anywhere.

Most of it was funky Pork dishes and other things I could not stomach.:hurl:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Does anybody who's a real fan of Mexican cuisine hate dining at the San Angel Inn and love the Cantina much more like I do? Just kind of shocked that you can't get a burrito or taco at the Inn, which is kind of standard fair at all mexican restaurants.

Lo siento, but I think you've got it somewhat backwards. Go to an upscale restaurant in Mexico, and the cuisine is much more like at San Angel Inn.

You can get tacos and burritos in Mexico, of course, but it is their version of fast food. At American "Mexican" restaurants, the tacos and burritos are much more prominent than they are in Mexico City.

scpergj

I'm just saying I happen to enjoy mexican food. Or Mexican Fusion. And restaurants with Tequila bars and indoor/outdoor seating are great.

MMM...Tequila!!!! (does the Tequila song like PeeWee Herman)

One Tequila, two Tequila, three Tequila, FLOOR!!!:hurl:

Sounds like a good idea to me!

:D

TravisMT81

via wiki

-Chi's was a popular Mexican restaurant chain from 1975 to 2004. It went out of business in the United States following a 2003 Hepatitis A outbreak that began at one of their locations outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Chi-Chi's is still in operation in Belgium and Luxembourg. Chi-Chi's also marketed a line of grocery foods (later purchased by Hormel) with an emphasis on salsa

Tenny0317

I LOVE mexican food but I agree with most, I'm not into San ANgel Inn, I was gravely disappointed! I love the cantina more and adore all the mexican food for food and wine festival!

I am hoping that a Mexican resturant does come to DTD it was be lovely! I think they are missing that!

whitemule28

Possibly the perfect idea, in terms of a restaurant that combines great food and an entertaining experience/great atmosphere (which is what Disney likes to and does better than any other) along the lines of latin american food could be Texas de Brazil. The churrascaria style is fun and interactive for all. We eat there at least twice every time we visit Aruba. The food is amazing.

whitemule28

Side note: That would require them moving it from its present location on International Drive. Not sure if the relocation costs would outweigh the obvious spike in customers, but it would be a great addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom