New resort?

Figment632

I was doing a little light reading today and noticed that WDW has been opening new resorts almost every year since '88 (with a few exceptions). The best timeline I could fine was here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World_Resort#Development_timeline

So, does anyone know, are they going to continue this trend? Obviously BLT was just opened but I didnt know if there was anything planned for '10 or '11. :shrug:

Not for a while. The closest thing that you will see to a new resort in WDW anytime soon is if the finish building POP but don't hold your breath on that one.

MrX8991

I doubt we'll be seeing a new resort any time soon. If I remember correctly, Pop Century wasn't finished because the demand wasn't there. Considering the fact that those buildings are still empty, I'm saying the demand still isn't there.

Master Gracey 5

Think of it this way: would Disney offer consistent discounts on rooms and trips if they were at or near full capacity? If they have rooms they are trying to fill, chances are expansion of the hotel rooms are on hold.

We're also seeing some renovations happening, much like the parks. Given that most of the hotels on property were built more than 10 years ago, thats good news for the condition of the rooms you stay in.

tampabrad

Aulani is opening in Hawaii Fall 2011. Who knows when the next actual resort will be. Everything has been DVC since AKL opened.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And Disney recently bought land up near D.C. for a new resort there. Toss in the new cruise ships, the FL expansion, the Shanghai park and all of the work being done in DL, I'm not sure a new resort for WDW is high on the priority list right now...

WDW_Emily

I know people say the "Demand" isn't there for the rest of POP to be built but I would much rather stay at Pop than the all stars(which we are staying at this year cause pop was booked)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope. In selling and de-annexing this land Disney have sneaked through the back door, made money and are having someone else build a luxury resort. Although not technically on property, most guests won`t know the difference.

That has taken care of the high end. CBR still has room for a last Village if the mods need expanding, and POP phase 2 can still be built out as single rooms if the values need more rooms. In a nutshell to the OP - don`t expect any non DVC new builds anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom