New Resort on Monorail?

Jose Eber

DisneyJill said:
You mean, a little too close like the Yacht & Beach Club and Boardwalk and the Swan and Dolphin? :p

There's a little thing called theme congruency that the Epcot resort area (y & B/Boardwalk) has that a differently themed hotel next to WL wouldn't. :hammer:

-SIR-

Im not so sure about theme congruency here, what do the polynesian and the grand floridian have in common? or the contemporary and Wilderness Lodge? If there is anything congruent about them to me... it's that they remind me of lands within the magic kingdon.... polynesian = adventureland, contemporary = tomorrowland, grand floridian = mainstreet, wilderness lodge = frontierland.... Im not saying that it was absolutely planned to be that way. But considering that none of the proposed resorts are very "congruent" to any particular theme... all of the MK resorts are pretty different unlike the nautical themed epcot resorts. IMHO it would be cool to have a fantasyland type resort... maybe like a palace or a midieval (sp?!?) village.... of course you cant put a castle anywhere near the MK. but something like that is cool to dream about.

brkgnews

Funny you should mention. Next time you're on the Astro-Orbiter, take a look around. When you survey the landscape from high atop rocket tower plaza, you will se the hotels line up with their lands...
Look out past tomorrowland and you'll see the Contemporary. The Grand Flo is out past main street, and the Poly is beyond Adventureland.

jmuboy

I'm not sure we will see new resorts anytime soon. Saratoga is in it's last phase. The POP Century is still only 1/2 done and WDW resorts have only 77% occupany on average.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
-SIR- said:
Im not so sure about theme congruency here, what do the polynesian and the grand floridian have in common? or the contemporary and Wilderness Lodge? If there is anything congruent about them to me... it's that they remind me of lands within the magic kingdon.... polynesian = adventureland, contemporary = tomorrowland, grand floridian = mainstreet, wilderness lodge = frontierland.... Im not saying that it was absolutely planned to be that way. But considering that none of the proposed resorts are very "congruent" to any particular theme... all of the MK resorts are pretty different unlike the nautical themed epcot resorts. IMHO it would be cool to have a fantasyland type resort... maybe like a palace or a midieval (sp?!?) village.... of course you cant put a castle anywhere near the MK. but something like that is cool to dream about.

I remember seeing an artists rendering of a planned Persian Resort that never came about. It had onion domes as I recall and was located kinda north-east of Tomorrowland. It probably would have been the equivalent of a Fantasyland resort.

BTW - 1000th post :sohappy:

DisneyJill

Jose Eber said:
There's a little thing called theme congruency that the Epcot resort area (y & B/Boardwalk) has that a differently themed hotel next to WL wouldn't. :hammer:

Yes, I've seen many 30 foot cement swans wandering around the New England Seaside when I've visited there in the past. :lookaroun So, in essence I can see the "congruency" of the Swan and Dolphin Resorts with the Y&B and Boardwalk.

DisneySaint

Man I swear, Disney transportation cast members must just gossip about the rumor of the day every day they get to work. :hammer:

robynchic

brkgnews said:
Funny you should mention. Next time you're on the Astro-Orbiter, take a look around. When you survey the landscape from high atop rocket tower plaza, you will se the hotels line up with their lands...
Look out past tomorrowland and you'll see the Contemporary. The Grand Flo is out past main street, and the Poly is beyond Adventureland.

So, all we would really have to do is to see where the "blank canvas" (so to speak) lines up with a particular land in the Magic Kingdom, and dream from there!

mkepcotmgmak

isn't there a large area of vacant land on the epcot monorail loop? that would be a great place to put resorts that connect to the monorail, for great transportation purposes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom