"New" Refillable Mugs.

TinkerbellWDW

Original Poster
I will be staying at th All Star Resort Sports and I have one of the old mugs if I bring it can I do anything with that one or do I have to buy one of the new mugs??

Betsyboo

Thanks. I love your pic of Russell and the dog are they still at Ak? Will be there on Sunday.
Thanks. That was taken last January when they were first appearing. I'm not sure if they are still there but it was a cute area and the photographer there was great. Have fun on your trip. We are going back in February. You'll have to update me on the mug situation.

HouCuseChickie

You will definitely need to buy a new one...assuming you want a refillable mug. Even the new ones won't work on the machines (well, except for water) until you've officially purchased and the chip is activated by the cashier at the register.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When did this happen? New mugs? What's the difference? :eek:
They rolled it out a few months ago. Physically, there is no difference from the mugs they have been using the past few years. However, the new ones have an RFID chip in them that activates the soda machines. The paper cups also now have RFID chips in them that actually limit how many refills you can have and how often you can get them (30 seconds, as I recall)...

Pocahontas

They rolled it out a few months ago. Physically, there is no difference from the mugs they have been using the past few years. However, the new ones have an RFID chip in them that activates the soda machines. The paper cups also now have RFID chips in them that actually limit how many refills you can have and how often you can get them (30 seconds, as I recall)...
Oh... Thank you.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So if I travel to a disney resort 5 times a year I have to purchase a mug 5 times? that seems very silly.
Yes. You do. Mugs are only valid for the length of the current stay. That has always been the policy. It was posted on the mug ads and used to be posted on the drink machines themselves as well.

People were abusing it, so Disney introduced this system to combat that. They call it "Rapidfill"...

disney4life2008

Yes. You do. Mugs are only valid for the length of the current stay. That has always been the policy. It was posted on the mug ads and used to be posted on the drink machines themselves as well.

People were abusing it, so Disney introduced this system to combat that. They call it "Rapidfill"...

Yea I saw but that is ridiculous. But I suspect that this was part of the MM+ package.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom