New Propulsion System on Monorails

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Princess Leia (Lois): Aren't you a little fat to be a storm trooper?
Luke Skywalker (Chris): Well, stay here and rot, you stuck-up b***h. [turns to leave]
Princess Leia (Lois): Wait! Who are you?
Luke Skywalker (Chris): [takes his helmet off] I'm Luke Skywalker. Me and Han Solo and Obi-Wan are here to rescue you.
Princess Leia (Lois): Wait, Obi-Wan Kenobi?
Luke Skywalker (Chris): Yeah. Suddenly I'm not so fat, huh?
Best Family Guy ever. Can't wait for Something, Something, Something Dark Side.

devoy1701

Maybe we'll finally be able to make it past Warp 9.9!

1199659277_d767ffa987.jpg

Well we've done that before...Tom Paris achieved Warp 10 but then he started to mutate in something strange so we don't want to do that again...

wait...maybe...I....should have responded....like this....

:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well we've done that before...Tom Paris achieved Warp 10 but then he started to mutate in something strange so we don't want to do that again...

wait...maybe...I....should have responded....like this....

:D
Pfft.... The Enterprise Dreadnought could do warp 13.

59107_3.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Master Yoda your a nerd of all sorts and all bases...

Personally I like FTL drives or Transwarp the best...

and your picture there says that's the USS Viper... :zipit:
It was the best picture I could find on short notice and I guess some people in the Star Trek role playing community are not creative enough to create their own ship. Many just seem to grab an existing ship and slap a new name on it.

Mr.EPCOT

Given the responses thus far...

I'm gonna go with no, no-one's heard anything. :king:

Well, they've been testing a new propulsion system in Monorail Yellow off and on for about two years or so. Don't ask me any more about, though, I'm not very mechanically inclined. I'm not sure if this is something entirely new in Purple or not, though.

devoy1701

It was the best picture I could find on short notice and I guess some people in the Star Trek role playing community are not creative enough to create their own ship. Many just seem to grab an existing ship and slap a new name on it.

no worries, the general knowledge of everything Sci Fi is most impressive. (it gets me everytime!)

I won't doubt your knowledge of Star Wars, StarTrek, Battlestar, or BTTF...Stargate is still a toss up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
no worries, the general knowledge of everything Sci Fi is most impressive. (it gets me everytime!)

I won't doubt your knowledge of Star Wars, StarTrek, Battlestar, or BTTF...Stargate is still a toss up.
I am not much of a Stargate fan. I liked the movie but never got into the series much. Had DVR existed when it came out I more than likely would have gotten into it. Now Battlestar on the other hand....I can not wait for season 4.5 to start next month.

devoy1701

I am not much of a Stargate fan. I liked the movie but never got into the series much. Had DVR existed when it came out I more than likely would have gotten into it. Now Battlestar on the other hand....I can not wait for season 4.5 to start next month.

Battlestar IMO is the most amazing Sci Fi production in the last 10 years... I'm a Trek fan but it blows Enterprise and Voyager and any of the NG movies out of the water. I was very upset to hear this season would be the last.

back to the Monorail Propulsion systems...I don't see them doing any upgrades to these monorails...These trains are 10+ years old and are severely showing their age...with DL getting new Monorails this year, ours shouldn't be that far behind them...if they were testing a new propulsion system I would expect to see a new prototype train...that's my thinking on the subject anyway.

Mr.EPCOT

back to the Monorail Propulsion systems...I don't see them doing any upgrades to these monorails...These trains are 10+ years old and are severely showing their age...with DL getting new Monorails this year, ours shouldn't be that far behind them...if they were testing a new propulsion system I would expect to see a new prototype train...that's my thinking on the subject anyway.

Well, I hate to break it to ya, but you're little late with your opinion, as they've already made several upgrades to the trains over the past few years to get more longevity out of them. They've replaced carpet in each car with a flooring that is easier to clean, they've replaced the center console in each car so that there is more room, and they've replaced and updated the LMCU, the Pilot's computer controls for the train. And they have, in fact, been tesing new propulsion in Yellow over the past couple of years, as I posted previously. Disneyland's Monorails are completely different trains and have absolutely nothing to do with whether ours will get replaced or not. With the much discussed state of Walt Disney World's upper management and those above them, it's not very likely that we will get any decent transportation upgrades at all, besides bus junk.

devoy1701

Well, I hate to break it to ya, but you're little late with your opinion, as they've already made several upgrades to the trains over the past few years to get more longevity out of them. They've replaced carpet in each car with a flooring that is easier to clean, they've replaced the center console in each car so that there is more room, and they've replaced and updated the LMCU, the Pilot's computer controls for the train. And they have, in fact, been tesing new propulsion in Yellow over the past couple of years, as I posted previously. Disneyland's Monorails are completely different trains and have absolutely nothing to do with whether ours will get replaced or not. With the much discussed state of Walt Disney World's upper management and those above them, it's not very likely that we will get any decent transportation upgrades at all, besides bus junk.

Disneyland's trains have always been different than are...they had the Mark I, II, and III, we got the Mark IV, they got the Mark V, we got (and still have the VI, and now DL is getting the VIIs... I knew that fact. But it does mean that since they got the VIIs, it's a matter of time before we get the IIXs. I doubt we'll have the VIs too much longer. I'm not talking about a year or two or 2012 or anything like that. But the interiors were replaced because of necessity...not because they hope to get another 10 years out of them.

some of you "insiders" really think the rest of us don't know diddly...

Mr.EPCOT

I doubt we'll have the VIs too much longer. I'm not talking about a year or two or 2012 or anything like that. But the interiors were replaced because of necessity...not because they hope to get another 10 years out of them.

some of you "insiders" really think the rest of us don't know diddly...

Oh, I have no doubt that we'll get new Monorails eventually, but it won't be anytime in the relatively near future, unless they just start really falling apart, which is possible. I could see less than ten years, but there would probably have to be a major positive shake-up in management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom