New Proof of Time Requirements for Run Disney Races

Zman-ks

But you had to submit 'proof' before. Are they actually going to verify now?
75.gif

Maybe show results in another race?

Ariel484

Those first 4 digits should be the same for everyone who has a Disney visa. According to howstuffworks.com,

The first digit of any Visa should be a 4, so then the next handful determine the bank doing the lending, and then the ones specific to your actual account. Now I believe that one bank can have multiple sequences, so that way they can use 412345 for Disney, 412346 for Southwest, 412347 for Delta, etc all offering cards through the same bank.

But yeah, the first year of any RunDisney event always seems to have lots of growing pains.
Right, that's what I thought. Sounds like they meant to set it up as a group code but maybe made it a one-time use only code...or something.
Maybe show results in another race?
That's what you're supposed to do - put in results from another race you ran (race name, distance, date, time, etc.). But with the way corrals were assigned people didn't think runDisney was actually verifying these results, which I think is what @Texas84 was getting at. So I could make up a time from some race, enter it in when I registered and maybe runDisney looked to see if it was real, maybe not (NOTE: I never did this, just an example). It sounds like they are taking it a lot more seriously this year, which is a great thing.

Mad Stitch

Someone should have made up a marathon, and said they finished in 2:20. Then if you get placed in coral A we would have known that they don’t verify. I would have done it for the January race had I thought of it.

Texas84

Someone should have made up a marathon, and said they finished in 2:20. Then if you get placed in coral A we would have known that they don’t verify. I would have done it for the January race had I thought of it.

I'm guessing they verify the elites and even know who they are in advance. :D But some on this board were complaining about walkers in A & B.

dreamfinder

I'm guessing they verify the elites and even know who they are in advance. :D But some on this board were complaining about walkers in A & B.

The elites often get invited to come. Or at least catered to once they register. Each year I have seen vans or buses marked "Elite" hanging out at AKL on race morning. I know that at races with purses, elites can actually get a stipend just for showing up and running, even if they don't actually place.

2:20 might a bit over enthusiastic. Shoot for maybe 2:55, and see if they check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom