News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Ayla

From what I gather, both were supposed to happen but in a different order. It’s easier to build at the poly as it can use pre existing infrastructure and back of house facilities compared to a brand new build at the reflections site. I also believe reflections wasn’t going to be 100% DVC, but a blend. In another thread (or maybe this one, I can’t remember) it was mentioned there’s two new hotels coming that are pretty much green lit but waiting on a time frame.
And not a thing announced to expand park capacity.

yensid67

isn't it interesting that something in the parks that doesn't make money and just looks pretty as a planter or green space take over 5 years to complete, BUT something that is a money maker for Disney is built and opened in less than 2 years!!?? Proves as to what they really care about...and it's NOT THE GUEST EXPERIENCE! This is why A LOT of the diehard Disney fans are calling it quits...too much money grabbing for less experience! I am contemplating my next trip so hard it's giving me a migraine...and planning any vacation should not do that! Maybe DIsney needs to survey their guest about the planning and in park experiences! Both which have been sucked of the magic!!!! You have to plan down to the final detail months before even going on your vacation and when you are in the park you have to be constantly on your phone and miss the scenery! Planning a Disney trip isn't fun anymore! It feels like more of a chore. THIS IS NOT THE PARK WALT ENVISIONED!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
isn't it interesting that something in the parks that doesn't make money and just looks pretty as a planter or green space take over 5 years to complete, BUT something that is a money maker for Disney is built and opened in less than 2 years!!?? Proves as to what they really care about...and it's NOT THE GUEST EXPERIENCE! This is why A LOT of the diehard Disney fans are calling it quits...too much money grabbing for less experience! I am contemplating my next trip so hard it's giving me a migraine...and planning any vacation should not do that! Maybe DIsney needs to survey their guest about the planning and in park experiences! Both which have been sucked of the magic!!!! You have to plan down to the final detail months before even going on your vacation and when you are in the park you have to be constantly on your phone and miss the scenery! Planning a Disney trip isn't fun anymore! It feels like more of a chore. THIS IS NOT THE PARK WALT ENVISIONED!
We love capitalism.

JMcMahonEsq

Yes, its so strange that a revenue generating item might be given priority in building, over something that is revenue neutral. Almost like WDW is using common sense and business logic. SHOCKING, absolutely SHOCKING.

raymusiccity

Should have said reopened
No matter how you slice it, it's still sad that Disney bulldozes another live entertainment venue.......but, more and more will travel down the road to Universal !
"
Universal Orlando Resort embraces the ‘aloha’ spirit with the much-anticipated return of Loews Royal Pacific Resort’s Wantilan Luau. The festive, family-friendly luau and dinner show returns on Saturdays at 6:00 pm.

The hotel’s captivating evening event unfolds at an outdoor covered pavilion, with the roar of the drums and traditional chants before performers make a dramatic entrance and take the stage. Guests will then take a memorable journey through Polynesian culture featuring the elegance and enchantment of Hawaii, the ancient and vibrating pounding of the Nafa drums of Tonga, the mesmerizing hip shaking dance of Tahiti and the exhilarating and flaming art of the warrior fire dance from Samoa.

“We are delighted to offer this incredible event again to our resort guests, as well as Central Florida residents,” says Managing Director Larry Beiderman. “Every luau is a party and we are thrilled to have many guests come to celebrate birthdays, graduations, anniversaries and other special moments with us.”

Prince-1

While that's true, they also have had issues with hiring housekeeping so that's not really a reason to pause a new restaurant or ride but not a new resort building.

If you can’t staff what you already have open then that’s a very good reason to slow down the construction of a new restaurant. No idea why you brought up housekeeping even though they are having staffing issues as well.

Chip Chipperson

If you can’t staff what you already have open then that’s a very good reason to slow down the construction of a new restaurant. No idea why you brought up housekeeping even though they are having staffing issues as well.

Since you were responding to a post about how the TSL restaurant sits incomplete (while the demolition if the luau moved swiftly), I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you were using staffing issues as the reason why 1 project stalled while the other is starting up. My apologies if that was incorrect. The comparisons may be a moot point anyway, since we really have no idea what sort of progress is being made on the interior of the Rodeo BBQ restaurant.

Fido Chuckwagon

Since you were responding to a post about how the TSL restaurant sits incomplete (while the demolition if the luau moved swiftly), I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you were using staffing issues as the reason why 1 project stalled while the other is starting up. My apologies if that was incorrect. The comparisons may be a moot point anyway, since we really have no idea what sort of progress is being made on the interior of the Rodeo BBQ restaurant.
Akershus sits idle and Garden Grill still isn’t serving breakfast despite Epcot opening at 8:30 am now. Two restaurants that would absolutely sell out every day if they reopened.

Disstevefan1

The superfast building of the Polyday Inn could become one of the biggest money grabs WDW will ever do!
PolyDayInn2.jpg

Last edited:

yensid67

Point is if they have staffing issues for housekeeping, why build another building of rooms that will require housekeepers!?
I just don't understand the shortage of Cast Members? I remember when I was a Cast Member, Casting was hiring and busy everyday!
Maybe the executives need to start working the front lines and earn their overpaid salaries like all the cast members do everyday!?

pdude81

Point is if they have staffing issues for housekeeping, why build another building of rooms that will require housekeepers!?
I just don't understand the shortage of Cast Members? I remember when I was a Cast Member, Casting was hiring and busy everyday!
Maybe the executives need to start working the front lines and earn their overpaid salaries like all the cast members do everyday!?
I don't think they expect to still have a labor shortage in 2 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom