News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

pdude81

Just announced that this will be part of the existing PVB condo association.
When they announced the new association for cabins at FW I knew the writing was on the wall. This is really good for me having owner priority in the new building, but I think it's dumb for DVD. Unless of course they plan to shift a bunch of bungalow points over to the new building and rip everybody off. I was sure this would be a new association. Happy to be wrong though.

MR.Dis

Well, I predicted this over a year ago. On another forum I was so ridiculed for my predictions, I quit it. I posted my opinion with 5 reasons. Instead of just disagreeing with my opinion, I was made out to be a village idiot. Too bad I quit the other forum, a good I told you so post is surely deserved. Oh well, not worth the effort to get back on.

Batman'sParents

Now to see what pricing will be on Polly tower versus cabins at four wilderness. Does Disney have any incentive to offer significant incentives for Polynesian will be part of the same association?

I guess we won’t reach grand Floridian fire sale numbers of the summer.

Marionnette

Well, if the Polyday Inn points are part of the existing PVB association, then resale restrictions will only affect the resale points' use at RIV and DLH, plus any future resorts. They will not be relegated to use only at PVB the same way that RIV resale points can only be used at RIV. They will be handled in the same manner as VGF2 points.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Now to see what pricing will be on Polly tower versus cabins at four wilderness. Does Disney have any incentive to offer significant incentives for Polynesian will be part of the same association?

I think it is safe to expect the same starting price with the best incentives to float between Poly, Riviera, and FW, similar to how VGF was sold alongside Riviera. They'll also differentiate Poly and FW with different point charts for comparable sized rooms, like a Poly one bedroom will likely cost a decent bit more than one week in a cabin so people buying into FW will need fewer points for a week compared to Poly.

nickys

Premium Member

I think there will be a lot of add-on purchases from existing members at other resorts. Having 1,2&3 beds will hugely increase demand.
Resale prices for the Poly will also rise.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Also many add-ons from current Poly owners that need more points for bigger accommodations. I have "only" 100 Poly points so this is my group.

biggy H

Someone on a Facebook group posted this the other day..

"Just spoke with Yvonne Chang during the reception about Poly Towers some more. She stressed that the plan to make it part of the current poly association could change. They haven’t filed anything yet and have a way to go."

Also I have seen reports that Disney said "resort" and not "association", a big difference between the two. Anybody who was there or seen a recording know the exact words used?

So I would still say we have no definite answer. That will only happen when the paperwork is filed.

Marionnette

Someone on a Facebook group posted this the other day..

"Just spoke with Yvonne Chang during the reception about Poly Towers some more. She stressed that the plan to make it part of the current poly association could change. They haven’t filed anything yet and have a way to go."

Also I have seen reports that Disney said "resort" and not "association", a big difference between the two. Anybody who was there or seen a recording know the exact words used?

So I would still say we have no definite answer. That will only happen when the paperwork is filed.
I've read statements by people who were present at the meeting and they are all pretty much saying that there was no ambiguity in how Ms. Chang answered the question as it was posed. The fact that to date no one from DVD has issued a statement that refutes it is kind of telling.

I believe that the intention is to make Poly2 a part of the original association. However, as with most things Disney does, nothing is for certain until it's on paper and filed with the state. And even then, the POS can be amended at a later date.

nickys

Premium Member
The quote by Chang was “our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian resort."

That’s where the ambiguity comes in, the words “right now”. Some ae also highlighting the word “resort” instead of “association”.

Seemingly afterwards she said the wording was because they haven’t filed yet (presumably with a regulatory body). And guides have said that they are not allowed to say that the Poly will be part of the existing association until that is cleared legally.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I believe I read that the question was specifically about association and that the answer includes "yes, " "same resort, " and "at this time."

They didn't need to answer the question and could have punted. Execs were in the room and did not immeridtaley correct. In time since Disney has known the news that's been reported but hasn't offered anything to slow it down or stop it.

But yes, it was qualified as at this time because that's the best way to CYA in the exceedingly unlikely scenario Disney decides to crush member trust and back track. They've had years to make this decision, it’s the decision that makes the most sense, and they're filing will be in the next few months so I'm not expecting any changes.

nickys

Premium Member
I believe I read that the question was specifically about association and that the answer includes "yes, " "same resort, " and "at this time."

They didn't need to answer the question and could have punted. Execs were in the room and did not immeridtaley correct. In time since Disney has known the news that's been reported but hasn't offered anything to slow it down or stop it.

But yes, it was qualified as at this time because that's the best way to CYA in the exceedingly unlikely scenario Disney decides to crush member trust and back track. They've had years to make this decision, it’s the decision that makes the most sense, and they're filing will be in the next few months so I'm not expecting any changes.
Equally though it could be the regulatory body who rules it out.

But if the decision is reversed there could be a lot of unhappy resale buyers.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Equally though it could be the regulatory body who rules it out.

But if the decision is reversed there could be a lot of unhappy resale buyers.
I'm weak on regulatory, so maybe? But I'd argue it's not really any different than VGF adding Big Pine Key studios, Saratoga adding tree house villas, etc.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Eye lopI think temporarily (lots of resale activity for the next 6-9 months and then it backs off). Poly is going to become a huge DVC resort and number of points is definitely well correlated to lower resale prices; mixed in with extended lack of ROFR.
Makes sense. It's already mid $150s with only studios and bungalows and, apparently, commands top dollar renting. Poly hotel side is often excluded from promotions, or at least the largest promotions. Realistically it's Disney's most in-demand deluxe resort. Adding more room categories should only increase demand and, in a vacuum, price, but then supply will also eventually by high. It's already a little over 4 million points and should shoot past BLT (5.7 M). The other bigger resorts are AKV (7.4 M), OKW (7.67 M), and SSR (14 M). With the building size and point charts it looks like Poly will shoot past OKW to become the second largest by points. A hugely popular resort with a huge humber of points, it'll be an interesting study.

I think by the time Poly has more resale supply it'll be far enough in the future after multiple direct price increases that the floor settles higher than average prices today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom