New Pirates of the Caribbean great film!!!!

erasure fan1

disneydude2000 said:
just saw the new film today and would like to tell you all that it rocks and that all of you should see it.:sohappy:

We should be going on sun.

Did they show the transformers trailer?

seeing it tonight at midnight!!!! woohoo!!!! im nervous though, ive heard comments that the ending is dissappointing because its basically a to be continued for the 3rd one. rottentomatoes.com also only has it at a 62% approval. i really really hope its good!

disneyisbest

Well I don't know if I should go see it then. I mean if rottentomatoes only gives it a 62% approval rating. I mean they are such well recognized film critics. Can you pick up on the sarcasm?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have tickets to the 12:01 premiere tonight and I am jumping out of my skin right now waiting for midnight to roll around.

disneyisbest said:
Well I don't know if I should go see it then. I mean if rottentomatoes only gives it a 62% approval rating. I mean they are such well recognized film critics. Can you pick up on the sarcasm?

no i agree, i dont usually go by others opinions, i make my own. rottentomatoes.com collects all of the opinions of the nations critics and gives an overall rating. but so far they only have like 30 reviews. i just like to know what others thought of it. im sure it kicks @$$!

LouDisney

I wanted to go to the midnight showing tonight, but had no one that could go with me. I bought tickets last week for tomorrow night. I can't wait :D

disneydude2000

Original Poster
well yeah the ending is a bit of a let down because it continues onto the next one but its who you meet at the end that realy surprises you.

hammysammy59

When I first found out they were doing a Pirates sequel, I was really annoyed, just because I felt like the first one was a great stand alone movie that also served as an awesome homage to the classic ride.

Then I started seeing trailers for Dead Man's Chest, and once I saw Squidface, Hammerhead and Blowfish Man, plus Jack Sparrow running from cannibals, I couldn't help but get all excited. Kind of like how the army of skeleton pirates marching across the bottom of the sea sold me on the first Pirates movie. I can't wait to see this latest installment, because to be honest, other than Snakes on a Plane, this is my most anticipated summer movie.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that spoiler-free reviews are welcome. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did the midnight premiere and I am at work on 2.5 hours of sleep. Thank god for Starbucks and Stacker 3.

Movie was great. Much darker than the first, definitely earned the PG13 rating. Major cliffhanger ending as expected.

Can't wait for POTC 3 in May 2007.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom