New photopass service/package

NEL

Original Poster
Disney PhotoPass just annponced a new product on their Facebook page called PhotoPass+. Essentially it is the PhotoPass CD with more included such as some attraction and dining photos at a price of $199. See below for more details.

Capture more memories than ever with Disney PhotoPass+! With Disney PhotoPass+ you can have all your Disney’s PhotoPass Photographer photos PLUS select Attraction photos AND Dining Print Packages – All for one price.
Product Details:
PhotoPass+ will be sold at PhotoPass view stations located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
With PhotoPass+ you will have digital files of all your PhotoPass photos, Attraction photos, and Dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney as well as Print Packages at select Dining locations.
Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a PhotoCD with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.
Participating Attractions:
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Participating Character Dining Locations:
1900 Park Fare
Ohana (Breakfast only)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey’s
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast only)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos
A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
Print Packages at select Dining locations
Digital Downloads of select Attractions
All for $199.95

RSoxNo1

The price is steep, but this is something that people have asked for - all of these dining experiences and attraction photos should be included on your Photopass, it's nice to see them doing this.

dreamfinder

The price is steep, but this is something that people have asked for - all of these dining experiences and attraction photos should be included on your Photopass, it's nice to see them doing this.

It's only slightly steep. Considering they price bump on the normal CD, I think alot of people will be inclined to pay a smidgen more ($30), and get the "extras". Figure thats only 2 on ride/dining package photos. The 14 day limit is interesting though, helps to further cut down on sharing of cds. As does the caveat that only the ride/dining pictures must be added to the Photopass+ card. It does effectively kill the pre-purchase discount, as you can upgrade, but only get credit for what you paid, not the list value.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm all for this. I always end up buying the Photopass CD (I always pre-buy actually) and this past trip, we had so many good photos at the character breakfasts that I ended up spending a lot more out of pocket on these photos. I'm very happy to see this will just be included. The price increase made up for itself just by including the dining photos for my family.

jpittore1

Do they have Scanners at each ride?

Will you scan your card at each ride to capture the photo? Similar to Test Track?

My children love to spot where the cameras are located and "pose" for photos in silly ways.

Dads 2 Boys

I think this is awesome! To have the dining pics included is great and this way you can get multiple pics from the rides so some pics can be silly and some others just show the general reaction.

My question is what if you go to a dining location before going to a park....will they be able to be purchased at the dining locations?

spacebaby

So I got the prepurchase cd and photo book for $149 how much more will I have to pay to upgrade??

It's going to cost you a further $130 to upgrade as you are losing the $90 discount you got by pre-purchasing i.e. you will end up paying $199 for the Photo CD plus $80 for the Photo Book. I guess you have to consider whether the extra attraction photos are worth losing your $90 discount.

biggy H

14 day use window is pretty useless to us Brits who go for longer.
Why have a ticket valid for 21 days and then not be able to add 1 weeks worth of your photos?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
14 day use window is pretty useless to us Brits who go for longer.
Why have a ticket valid for 21 days and then not be able to add 1 weeks worth of your photos?

It's going to cost you a further $130 to upgrade as you are losing the $90 discount you got by pre-purchasing i.e. you will end up paying $199 for the Photo CD plus $80 for the Photo Book. I guess you have to consider whether the extra attraction photos are worth losing your $90 discount.

Two reasons I won't be upgrading :ROFLOL:

Thanks guys :wave:

cooleo

So glad to see they are finally doing this. I know we were always asking about this during previous trips. The little bit extra will be easily made up in the savings on the print packages in the Dining experiences. :sohappy:

NEL

Original Poster
So I got the prepurchase cd and photo book for $149 how much more will I have to pay to upgrade??

You can upgrade at the park for an additional $100 dollars. They figure since ther were offering just the cd at $99 and the cd and book at $150 then you technically you paid $99 dollars for the cd so to upgrade to the photo pass+ you must pay the difference $100

NEL

Original Poster

To upgrade from the pre paid cd and photo book to the photo pass+ at the park it will cost $100 extra not $130. You will just stop by the photo pass kiosk in the park , provide the CM your account with the pre pay package and pay the $100 difference.

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
So I'm taking it that this card will look different from the typical photopass, so that the attraction/meal personnel will know that you have the + option. My question is, when we go in October we have a villa with two families. If we split the cost of the photopass + card, do we have to make sure that we are together all the time for everyone to utilize it or can we get multiple cards for one fee?

I have only used photopass once, and it was two years ago so I'm a bit foggy

NEL

Original Poster
So I'm taking it that this card will look different from the typical photopass, so that the attraction/meal personnel will know that you have the + option. My question is, when we go in October we have a villa with two families. If we split the cost of the photopass + card, do we have to make sure that we are together all the time for everyone to utilize it or can we get multiple cards for one fee?

I have only used photopass once, and it was two years ago so I'm a bit foggy

If you purchase this package you will get a "special" photo pass card and a lanyard. They will only provide one per package purchased so it will make "sharing" more difficult if the whole group will not always be together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom