New Muppets Studio/Rides coming to Hollywood Studio's?

The Empress Lilly

Muppets.jpg

But where did it all go? Like all other ideas that look so friggin cool and amazing.....
10823225-large.jpg
Sooo happy that never left the drawing board! What rubbish.

Literally too - there is a lovely irony in your bottom pic bearing a striking resemblance to the second concept pic! :D

lobelia

When the Muppet Show was a weekly show we grew to love each character and were familiar it's personality. I think there is a disconnect now, which make it difficult for the population to buy into more attractions. A whole generation missed out on the phenomena. Variety shows turned into reality shows.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

When the Muppet Show was a weekly show we grew to love each character and were familiar it's personality. I think there is a disconnect now, which make its difficult for the population to buy into more attractions. A whole generation missed out on the phenomena. Variety shows turned into reality shows.

Even with Christmas Carol, Treasure Island, Wizard of Oz, Muppets From Space (Which I think Killed it entirely for certain reasons) they just didn't work for me..I mean when They had Muppets Tonight or what I like to call Muppet Show 2.0 it was hoping to make a big comeback....But, it couldn't hold up a candle during the T.G.I.F. lineup during it's lifespan and the unaired episodes where aired on Disney Channel.

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

If I only thought about all of Disney's woulda, coulda, shoulda projects I would cry myself to sleep every night. A Muppet Movie Ride would make this Chef super stoked, but history is not on our side.

Thanks for the upbeat delivery, but I think we'll all be surprised if we see anything announced any time soon regarding SW, let alone Muppets related attractions.

Yeah, if I only thought about what they've not done or destroyed, I'd probably not even be a member of this website or go there at all! Well put!

jmmc

Because the last thing the Studios needs is rides.
It is perfectly fine that I barely need my second hand to count them all.
I don't think the idea is that the Studios doesn't need rides. It's that they don't need THOSE rides. Dick Tracy was cancelled because the movie wasn't a hit. And though Roger Rabbit was (I think) a popular movie, it's characters weren't big household names for kids OR adults.

FigmentJedi

I don't think the idea is that the Studios doesn't need rides. It's that they don't need THOSE rides. Dick Tracy was cancelled because the movie wasn't a hit. And though Roger Rabbit was (I think) a popular movie, it's characters weren't big household names for kids OR adults.
Dick Tracy's perfectly understandable, but Roger Rabbit was pretty much Ghostbusters/Back to the Future tier in terms of iconic comedies of the 1980s. Only reason the park plans and the franchise in general (there were animated shorts and Bonkers started life as a Roger Rabbit spinoff) collapsed was because Michael Eisner ed off Spielberg and burned bridges with Amblin as a result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom