New mug Policy

The Crickets

Original Poster
I have a ????? On the new mug policy.......we are staying @ BCV for 5 nites....then moving to VWL for 4 nites....it's 1 length of stay...so do we have to purchase 1 or 2 mugs????? Any advice would be appreciated....

Cmdr_Crimson

Your better off doing the length of stay at $17.99 that way you don't need to purchase a new mug. You can use the Rapid fill mugs at any Disney Hotel.
234_zps512072fd.png

Last edited:

JohnD

Do you "have to"? No you don't "have to." No one is forcing you to purchase any mugs. Your choice to purchase 0, 1, or 2.

DisneyJoe

I have a ????? On the new mug policy.......we are staying @ BCV for 5 nites....then moving to VWL for 4 nites....it's 1 length of stay...so do we have to purchase 1 or 2 mugs????? Any advice would be appreciated....
It's technically 2 reservations, 1 at each resort. They would somehow need to recode the mug for VWL when you get there.

I think you would need a mug for each reservation.

DManRightHere

It's technically 2 reservations, 1 at each resort. They would somehow need to recode the mug for VWL when you get there.

I think you would need a mug for each reservation.

Agreed. I guess it depends if Disney recognizes people resort hop or not and if it is one or multiple reservations.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It usually for everything is 2 totally seperate reservations for your KTTW card, dinning plans, etc so being the mugs are linked by your reservation number you would need 2 seperate mugs for each ressie just like you have 2 seperate dining plans etc. They may be able to change the ressie your mug is linked to when you get to your second resort but they may not.

jaklgreen

I really do not think that they would make you buy a new cup to resort hop, that is ridiculous. Just tell them that you are changing resorts mid way and what day you are leaving. After all they did not charge you for a separate 5 night ticket and a 4 night ticket.

sxeensweet

I really do not think that they would make you buy a new cup to resort hop, that is ridiculous. Just tell them that you are changing resorts mid way and what day you are leaving. After all they did not charge you for a separate 5 night ticket and a 4 night ticket.
If your tickets are tied to your reservations as in you bought a package with tickets yes you do actually technically have 2 seperate tickets due to your 2 seperate reservations. Now if you purchased your tickets seperate and not with a package then no it is all one ticket. We have a split stay coming up and you have 2 seperate everything, dining plans, tickets etc for each seperate reservation number unfortunately. :)

jaklgreen

If your tickets are tied to your reservations as in you bought a package with tickets yes you do actually technically have 2 seperate tickets due to your 2 seperate reservations. Now if you purchased your tickets seperate and not with a package then no it is all one ticket. We have a split stay coming up and you have 2 seperate everything, dining plans, tickets etc for each seperate reservation number unfortunately. :)
Isn't it cheaper to get consecutive day tickets instead of breaking it up since they get cheaper by the day the longer you stay. Why would anyone pay more for tickets if you do not have to? Base tickets would cost $604.93 if you purchase separate 5 day and then 4 day but would cost only $350.39 for a 9 day. That is insane to me to pay double just to split your resort stay. I can't imagine that is how Disney does it. Anyone know for a fact if they make you buy separate tickets like that?

sxeensweet

Isn't it cheaper to get consecutive day tickets instead of breaking it up since they get cheaper by the day the longer you stay. Why would anyone pay more for tickets if you do not have to? Base tickets would cost $604.93 if you purchase separate 5 day and then 4 day but would cost only $350.39 for a 9 day. That is insane to me to pay double just to split your resort stay. I can't imagine that is how Disney does it. Anyone know for a fact if they make you buy separate tickets like that?
That's why if your doing a split stay you should not buy them with a package and just purchase them separately on your own for the whole time a 9 day or 10 day ticket. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I found this question on another site..

Where do the Rapid Fill mugs work?

The Rapid Fill mugs will work at the resort of purchase, as well as any resort that has Rapid Fill enabled. This means that you can take your mug with you as you resort-hop and fill it up at other quick service locations, as long as you are still within your time limit.

JR864

I just did this a few weeks ago.... Stayed at 3 different resorts and used the same mug. In my case, i explained my situation and the first cm insisted i just buy 2 days and then upgrade with the price difference at the 2nd resort.

I think that was because all the resorts had not converted but was a mistake that ended up in my favor. At second resort they couldnt figure out how to upgrade me for the price difference so just did it for free.

Clearly that was an anomaly , so youre best off getting length of stay when you first arrive

jkl2000

So people say you can get coffee in the mug. What is the coffee dispensed from at the resorts - a big urn with a thing you press?

s&k'smom

With all the coffee I drink 17.99 for 7 days is pretty cheap! Then maybe a couple of soda's for the rest of the family during the week. It's one of the few bargains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom