New Morocco Pavilion entertainment coming soon

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Audition call:
https://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?aud_id=7819

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking to cast 2 Full Time experienced Keyboard/Synthesizer players for a new and updated entertainment experience at the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot®; performed at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL. Candidates may also be considered for Sub positions from this audition.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
For some reason at first I thought it said they were looking to cast 12 keyboard players and I thought that sounded like my version of cruel and unusual torture.

Thumper 32

Audition call:
https://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?aud_id=7819

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking to cast 2 Full Time experienced Keyboard/Synthesizer players for a new and updated entertainment experience at the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot®; performed at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL. Candidates may also be considered for Sub positions from this audition.

Best news is that it seems to be an actual Disney produced offering, as opposed to "bring in the next three month contract group". Maybe they've finally realized the quality difference in having well produced entertainment instead of random acts with questionable stage presence. I know, probably just wishful thinking.

Thumper 32

I quiet enjoyed Ribab Fusion. The preceding act? Not so much.

Same here on both accounts. But add in the Canada acts*, and even to some extent the Italy flag guys. More often than not, the contract acts are just not as polished, and it shows.

Embarrassing for the current decision makers, but silver lining is that it shows the value and strength of the talented people in the entertainment department when they're allowed to produce something.

* Edit - to clarify, this doesn't include Alberta Bound. Whether they were or not, I'm not 100% sure, but regardless, I consider them somewhat Disney produced since they were all alumni of other quality shows. And it showed.

Last edited:

Siren

The Moroccan band that plays now sounds *so* good -- like, the whole courtyard was packed with people dancing and listening. We would have stayed around a little longer if it weren't so crowded. The only thing missing were the belly dancers, so I am glad Disney is bringing them back. I used to do Belly Dance aerobics, so I have a whole new appreciation for the genre.

JohnWD

The Moroccan band that plays now sounds *so* good -- like, the whole courtyard was packed with people dancing and listening. We would have stayed around a little longer if it weren't so crowded. The only thing missing were the belly dancers, so I am glad Disney is bringing them back. I used to do Belly Dance aerobics, so I have a whole new appreciation for the genre.
Sounds like an aerobics class I would like to see! :)

Thumper 32

There hasn't been any entertainment in Morocco since Ribab Fusion left in January. When do you mean by "now"?

Siren

Sounds like an aerobics class I would like to see! :)
LOL. You are just too funny @JohnWD. I'm sure you would have *loved* it -- our class motto was "Our Hips Don't Lie". LOL.

I took this belly dancing class in college just to get out of taking PT. Like, almost half the girls in my hall took this class for the exact same reason.

Anyway, we all thought it was going to be easier than PT, but it wasn't. Our instructor was really strict, like a drill sergeant. And, she was a stickler for full attendance and would penalize you for being like a minute late. I really thought my abs were in good shape until I took that class, you work every abdominal muscle in belly dance. I think everyone should try it out once.

There hasn't been any entertainment in Morocco since Ribab Fusion left in January. When do you mean by "now"?
Oh wow, that's too bad that they were let go. I thought they were still there. Well, I guess it would be the last time I saw them in the Morocco Pavilion which was sometime over the holidays last year.

I was looking at some YouTube Videos to post here and all of the songs they were playing sounded horrible. When I was there this band was playing a nice sleek jazz beat that sounded really good.

JohnWD

image.jpeg
LOL. You are just too funny @JohnWD. I'm sure you would have *loved* it -- our class motto was "Our Hips Don't Lie". LOL.

I took this belly dancing class in college just to get out of taking PT. Like, almost half the girls in my hall took this class for the exact same reason.

Anyway, we all thought it was going to be easier than PT, but it wasn't. Our instructor was really strict, like a drill sergeant. And, she was a stickler for full attendance and would penalize you for being like a minute late. I really thought my abs were in good shape until I took that class, you work every abdominal muscle in belly dance. I think everyone should try it out once.
if you are at animal kingdom with nothing to do!

dreamfinder

Oh wow, that's too bad that they were let go. I thought they were still there. Well, I guess it would be the last time I saw them in the Morocco Pavilion which was sometime over the holidays last year.

Ribab Fusion only signed a 3 month contract, they weren't let go. The start/end dates were published back when they started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom