New Monorails ?

Myron

Original Poster
I heard rumors that the current WDW Monorail system would be extended. As of now, it only connects the Magic Kingdom to Epcot with the main parking lot. They want to extend the system to cover Disney-MGM Studios and eventually to Animal Kindom Park. Has anybody heard about this? As of now, guests must either use buses or use their cars and get caught in traffic congestion. It would save fuel, too.

Shaman

I heard rumors that the current WDW Monorail system would be extended. As of now, it only connects the Magic Kingdom to Epcot with the main parking lot. They want to extend the system to cover Disney-MGM Studios and eventually to Animal Kindom Park. Has anybody heard about this? As of now, guests must either use buses or use their cars and get caught in traffic congestion. It would save fuel, too.

Hey Myron,

If you run a search you'll see that rumors about a monorail expansion have been around for a while...from what I've gathered, mind you I haven't gone through all the threads, is that Disney did look into it, some time ago, but decided it was too expensive and decided to use the money elsewhere...

Anything is possible...but I wouldn't count on it...not soon anyway.

Search: monorail expansion, there are many threads with great info relating to all this...:D

brich

I too have heard those rumors... Not sure it's gonna happen. It could. Someday. But probably not soon.

Unless....nah, probably not. But with Disney, you never know. We may know but most probably don't for sure. But, anything can happen. So yes, I have heard rumors about this. A few times actually. No, actually more than a few times. Many times to be exact. Yet still, no new monorails.

We can still hope though that maybe someday we'll see more monorail service. But until then, we'll just see monorail expansion rumor threads popping up discussing, dreaming and wishing for monorail service to all parks and resorts.

I did hear a rumor that they will begin flights directly into the airport on Disney property in the future. But that is probably down the list behind Beastly Kingdom...and Harry Potter rides. :D

M:SpilotISTC12

I saw monorail in the title and started to fun for the hills. This thread turned out nicer then some of the other monorail threads over the years. Hopefully they do it soon. I would love it.

Nemo14

I too have heard those rumors... Not sure it's gonna happen. It could. Someday. But probably not soon.

Unless....nah, probably not. But with Disney, you never know. We may know but most probably don't for sure. But, anything can happen. So yes, I have heard rumors about this. A few times actually. No, actually more than a few times. Many times to be exact. Yet still, no new monorails.

We can still hope though that maybe someday we'll see more monorail service. But until then, we'll just see monorail expansion rumor threads popping up discussing, dreaming and wishing for monorail service to all parks and resorts.

I did hear a rumor that they will begin flights directly into the airport on Disney property in the future. But that is probably down the list behind Beastly Kingdom...and Harry Potter rides. :D
Could you be a little more vague brich? :lol:

Scar Junior

BTW, I was discussing this with my dad - who is little more than the DVC buyer of the family - who agreed that a $100 Mil. expansion to MGM/DS would be more enjoyable (though less profitable) than a new attraction.

(Then again, if a $100 mil attraction were to be placed at MGM/DS it might be another story; same with 2 $50 mil attractions)

EDIT: For the love of God people, please don't be hard on the guy!

Disney4Life

Would expansion be expensive??? You betcha!!! Although, all Disney has to do to offset the cost is raise ticket prices by another $4!!! :hammer:

Scar Junior

Would expansion be expensive??? You betcha!!! Although, all Disney has to do to offset the cost is raise ticket prices by another $4!!! :hammer:

Hahahah..... By George I think he's got it!

PS. Thanks for using "you betcha" so we Minesooootans understood what you were saying!

WDWFREAK53

*DUCKS*

:lol:

*awaits another 5th Gate thread to start up*

Ok, I may as well say something about the transportation...
I always thought that it would be neat to have different transportation for each theme park.

1. A Train to the Magic Kingdom (like the Steam Engine)
2. Monorail to Epcot
3. Trolley cars to MGM
4. An Old Safari Train to the Animal Kingdom.

Starts the theming before you even arrive at the park.

CoffeeJedi

Please do not be rude to new guests
You call it rude, i'd call it a "friendly warning"!

Think about it like this, if your friend wandered out into traffic and was about to be hit by a <strike>monorail</strike> automobile, would it be "rude" to dive at them and throw them to the sidewalk?

CoffeeJedi

1. A Train to the Magic Kingdom (like the Steam Engine)
2. Monorail to Epcot
3. Trolley cars to MGM
4. An Old Safari Train to the Animal Kingdom.

Starts the theming before you even arrive at the park.

Not a bad idea, i would have kilamanjaro safari style busses for DAK though, but i like it.

But what transportation would the new 5th gate villians park ha-ouch! ow! ooooh! stopit! aaaaaah!

oh man... i should have ducked

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom