New Monorail

csm

Well you know more then I, but there are still 14 colors regardless. That is why I referred to them as 13 and 14 as purple and pink are retired. I can go back to 11 and 12 but it doesn't feel right.

There are not 14 colors if two of them have been completely replaced. That's what you keep missing. It's not like they're off in storage and one day, pink or purple might be put online if blue or red is having some sort of technical issue. Pink and purple are not only gone forever, but not even those colors anymore, nor are there two new trains to be numbered 13 and 14 to differentiate them from 11 and 12 as you imply. At the end of the day, the fleet of trains is the same one it always has been, refurbished and re-designated teal and apparently peach.

To be clear, purple and pink are *not* retired; Purple and pink ARE teal and peach.

montyz81

There are not 14 colors if two of them have been completely replaced. That's what you keep missing. It's not like they're off in storage and one day, pink or purple might be put online if blue or red is having some sort of technical issue. Pink and purple are not only gone forever, but not even those colors anymore, nor are there two new trains to be numbered 13 and 14 to differentiate them from 11 and 12 as you imply. At the end of the day, the fleet of trains is the same one it always has been, refurbished and re-designated teal and apparently peach.

To be clear, purple and pink are *not* retired; Purple and pink ARE teal and peach.

Semantics. OK, will go with your nomenclature.

parkgoer

Well you know more then I, but there are still 14 colors regardless. That is why I referred to them as 13 and 14 as purple and pink are retired. I can go back to 11 and 12 but it doesn't feel right.

I see what you're saying, but there is no "14th" color yet.

I understand why you're calling these two monorails 13 and 14. They're new colors and therefore different entities (particularly 14 which will have a few completely new pieces).

We'll take a sports example. Typically when a number is retired, that number is never used again for that particular team. Think of the monorail colors as jersey numbers.

Also, when a locomotive engine is scrapped, sold, etc, that number is also not used again. So if you had engines 1-7 and engine 6 got in an accident, the engine that the company buys to replace it will be numbered 8, not 6.

So yes, there are still only 12 monorails ... they just happen to be 1-10 and 13-14. BUT, if we just refer to the monorails by color instead, we won't have to worry about any of this silliness.

montyz81

I understand why you're calling these two monorails 13 and 14. They're new colors and therefore different entities (particularly 14 which will have a few completely new pieces).

We'll take a sports example. Typically when a number is retired, that number is never used again for that particular team. Think of the monorail colors as jersey numbers.

Also, when a locomotive engine is scrapped, sold, etc, that number is also not used again. So if you had engines 1-7 and engine 6 got in an accident, the engine that the company buys to replace it will be numbered 8, not 6.

So yes, there are still only 12 monorails ... they just happen to be 1-10 and 13-14. BUT, if we just refer to the monorails by color instead, we won't have to worry about any of this silliness.

For that matter, when a plane crashes, they never use the tail number again and the airline never uses the flight number again

Tom

Beta Return
For that matter, when a plane crashes, they never use the tail number again and the airline never uses the flight number again

But if they had 12 planes before, and they replace the wrecked plane with a new plane, they still only have 12 planes.

disneycraze

i thought it was pink but It wasnt, looked pink from the video.
Why would they change the color. As to not instill fright or scare people. Like a publicity thing to not remind people they are riding the color that was involved in a deadly crash.

Yea I was there in Disney when it happened and officials said it was monorail red and monorail blue, and I saw pics and it was red and blue so idk:lookaroun

disneycraze

Yea I was there in Disney when it happened and officials said it was monorail red and monorail blue, and I saw pics and it was red and blue so idk:lookaroun

I am I right if u look up pictures and watch the video the monorail is red and blue. I am not crazy right?! So get ur facts straight people:slurp::slurp:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I am I right if u look up pictures and watch the video the monorail is red and blue. I am not crazy right?! So get ur facts straight people:slurp::slurp:

revisionist history at work again...eh?

The colors that were involved in the crash were pink and purple. This is just an indisputable fact. :wave:

fotofx

Actually that is partly incorrect. Many aircraft tail numbers are reused after multiple fatal accidents. We had a tail number a few years back that we changed after finding it had previously been involved in a fatal accident. Doing some research we found it was pretty common. Although commercial airlines typically retire the flight number after an accident.

montyz81

Actually that is partly incorrect. Many aircraft tail numbers are reused after multiple fatal accidents. We had a tail number a few years back that we changed after finding it had previously been involved in a fatal accident. Doing some research we found it was pretty common. Although commercial airlines typically retire the flight number after an accident.

Ok, maybe it is just the flight number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom