New Monorail Window Decals

parkgoer

Original Poster
Not sure if this is being discussed in a different thread, but orange and black have lost their balloon decals and replaced with decals of the fab five with their halloween getups. I believe yesterday was the first day of the change. I like the way it opens up the windows for better viewing, plus it looks better from the outside imo. Sorry, no pictures yet.

I'm wondering what they will do when halloween is over. Just remove them and bring the two monorails back to their former, naked glory? I hope. I think this is the first time they ever decorated a monorail for a holiday, and not one of their yearlong celebrations.

And while we're on the topic, I hope they do remove all decals from the windows on both orange and black monorail after halloween. I don't hate the ballons stickers, but i don't like them much either. I'm not sure why they decided to do that to every monorail. at least give them a little variety i say, so you only see that one style monorail every so often. it would make it more special. It would save disney money too.. Anyway, that's my opinion.

RunnerEd

I would like them to do a different color scheme for all of them like the DL trains have. I really didn't think that until I saw the "Tronorail." White with a colored stripe is kind of boring to me.

Rinx

Darn, I was just there over the weekend, I just missed it. I wonder what they look like. Orange and Black are Halloween colors, so good choice on Disney's part. Maybe when MNSSHP is over all the decals on all the monorails will come off.

COProgressFan

I would like them to do a different color scheme for all of them like the DL trains have. I really didn't think that until I saw the "Tronorail." White with a colored stripe is kind of boring to me.

I think the monorails look great white with the stripe. The look sleek, clean, and classy.

How about they just leave them alone? Why do we need to have them covered with decals at all? I'd rather see them spend the money on cleaning the interiors (some of which are in rough shape) than worrying about marketing decals.

mickey2008.1

I wonder if they will do a holliday decal at christmas time. Its nice to see them switching the trains up. Maybe have two back to the original. Makes for great photo hunting and getting different pictures.

cdunbar

If no one has pictures before that I'll see to pictures being taken of them when we go to the party on the 1st. :lol:

Tacky.

The Window stickers are tacky...period. The Walt Disney World monorail system is not a ride but a fully operational transportation system...Monorail Coral doubling as Tronorail is a nice advertising opp, but covering every train in tacky things takes away from the aesthetics that the monorail was built upon. They should cover the busses and use them as mobile billboards. As for the Mark VII's they still look like a "ride," as opposed to something that's a legitimate transportation modality.

montyz81

The monorails should be nice and clean for the 40th that would be awesome!
They should build all new ones for the 40th. With one year away, I see only one newish monorail coming. The rest will not get anything special since most all of them have been repainted within the last 3 years.

Disney1971

no new monorails for at least 2-3 years. the new window decor has been up since monday evening on monorail orange. black received the cleanup that night and debuted on tuesday. The monorails wont be replaced as long as the parts are still available to patch up the 20+ year old ones.:(

TimNRA757

I seriously don't understand this mentality with "we need new monorails". They're functional and parts can always be replaced. The design we have now is far better than that tacky thing out in California. Maybe the next step would be full automation but even then it's not necessary.
What's next? Should we retire all of the steam trains too because they're old?

As far as window decals. For a temporary thing, it's fine. But what is temporary when it comes to Disney? I really like looking out a window, not having some tacky sticker to look through besides, this is a big problem especially at night. Just let windows be windows, even on buses.

enoe01

Thank you to Jack Spence and the Allears.net team. All photo credit goes to them!

2010MNSSHP13.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom