New monorail operating schedule to begin on September 27

TheRabbit

Maybe its me but I don't get the Epcot beam closing time. So, if wishes is at 7 or 8, the Monorail is closed by ROE?
No...its saying Epcot beam closes at 11pm or (if the MK is open till 11 or 12), then it will run until an hour later than the MK closing time. But never earlier than 11pm.

dumboflyer

54609542.jpg

CDavid

No...its saying Epcot beam closes at 11pm or (if the MK is open till 11 or 12), then it will run until an hour later than the MK closing time. But never earlier than 11pm.

It is 11 p.m. or one hour after the Magic Kingdom closes - whichever is earlier - correct? So, if the Mk had an unusually early close at 8 p.m., then the Epcot beam would shut down at 9, or the same time Epcot itself closes. That doesn't make sense; Surely the Epcot monorail hours would be extended in such a case?

TheRabbit

It is 11 p.m. or one hour after the Magic Kingdom closes - whichever is earlier - correct? So, if the Mk had an unusually early close at 8 p.m., then the Epcot beam would shut down at 9, or the same time Epcot itself closes. That doesn't make sense; Surely the Epcot monorail hours would be extended in such a case?
No need to keep clearifying this...just use your common sense please. They are not going to stop the Epcot monorail at 9pm if the MK happens to have an early close at 8pm (of which none are scheduled the rest of the year).

Tom

Beta Return
Maybe its me but I don't get the Epcot beam closing time. So, if wishes is at 7 or 8, the Monorail is closed by ROE?

According to an official source (I just checked), Disney says the following, regarding the Epcot monorail: "9am - 11pm on the Epcot beam". They don't have any clarifications regarding MK, as far as the Epcot beam goes.

TheRabbit

According to an official source (I just checked), Disney says the following, regarding the Epcot monorail: "9am - 11pm on the Epcot beam". They don't have any clarifications regarding MK, as far as the Epcot beam goes.
Thank you Tom for backing me up. :)

FrostyNaples

Had I been in charge of a monorail upgrade, and an unlimited budget, the monorails would pass by each and every resort as well as all four parks.

They are such an iconic mode of transportation in WDW, often overlooked, and underutilized due to their lack of attention over the years.

If staying in DTD area, we will often bus to Epcot, just to ride them into MK. :D

KronosKeeper

Had I been in charge of a monorail upgrade, and an unlimited budget, the monorails would pass by each and every resort as well as all four parks.

They are such an iconic mode of transportation in WDW, often overlooked, and underutilized due to their lack of attention over the years.

If staying in DTD area, we will often bus to Epcot, just to ride them into MK. :D

I love the monorail as much as the next person, but to get from Magic Kingdom to EPCOT alone takes upwards of 30 minutes on average. Can you imagine having to go from Magic Kingdom to EPCOT then to Animal Kingdom (because EPCOT was supposed to be the second hub)? You're looking at an hour of monorail traveling. I would much rather take the 20 minute bus ride from MK to AK in that case.

Monorails are special, however they are impractical unless used in one-off locations that have a very high traffic density.

FrostyNaples

I love the monorail as much as the next person, but to get from Magic Kingdom to EPCOT alone takes upwards of 30 minutes on average. Can you imagine having to go from Magic Kingdom to EPCOT then to Animal Kingdom (because EPCOT was supposed to be the second hub)? You're looking at an hour of monorail traveling. I would much rather take the 20 minute bus ride from MK to AK in that case.

Monorails are special, however they are impractical unless used in one-off locations that have a very high traffic density.

You didn't join my fantasy world. You've responded to how it is today. And no, it does not take 30min to go from MK to Epcot, just rode it a few months ago 15 min tops.

My world would have Monorails going to all the parks, from all the parks, and pretty much every hotel. No more buses :D

Figment2005

You didn't join my fantasy world. You've responded to how it is today. And no, it does not take 30min to go from MK to Epcot, just rode it a few months ago 15 min tops.

My world would have Monorails going to all the parks, from all the parks, and pretty much every hotel. No more buses :D
If timing is on your side it takes about 15 minutes, just like if timing is on your side the bus trips are short. Unfortunately, that is not always the case and longer waits often occur. That is just the side effect of public transportation.

CDavid

While there is essentially zero chance of a monorail to Animal Kingdom, there is no reason to assume that such a system would be set up so that guests must transfer at both Epcot and the Transportation & Ticket Center. Most any type of grade-separated rail system is going to be faster than buses simply due to traffic conditions. There are basically three 'loops' (and one branch) to the current Walt Disney World monorail network; You cannot compare such a limited operation to a fully constructed network any more than you can compare the toy train around your Christmas tree to the nations railroad network.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom