New Monorail Fleet for WDW

monorail81

At the risk of sounding naive, do we really want people driving monorails who are proud of their ability to ignore the rules about speeds to be followed? I'm assuming those rules are in place for safety reasons. The idea that some drivers would be bragging about manipulating that system scares me just a tad.

To me, it's scarier to think about the drivers who CAN'T because they don't know their train inside and out like the ones who CAN. It takes an extreme knowledge and understanding of the trains and the system to be able to do certain things.

DisneyGentleman

To me, it's scarier to think about the drivers who CAN'T because they don't know their train inside and out like the ones who CAN. It takes an extreme knowledge and understanding of the trains and the system to be able to do certain things.
Like forward-stop-reverse? That one little lever requires a graduate education, I'd say.

Admiral01

Premium Member
new 'underneath' assembly, new inside, new front and back. This seems like a lot.
Well they aren't a private company, but they do have lots of cash. If they spend more up front they'll have to convince the street that's the right thing to do. One would think that would be easy, but investors who aren't park guests may say otherwise. And they've already duped the street recently with the MM+ boondoggle. Those folks would just say "why spend more money when we're making boat loads already by doing nothing?"

I keep saying private when I mean public. The distinction I mean to make is private, as in a business, vs public, as in a government entity. My work lingo made it's way into my posting... Disney is, of course, a publically traded company.

cw1982

Ok, but none of them should be bragging about the ability to go faster than they should. That just makes them sound like 16-year-olds who are bragging about how fast they get away with driving a car.

bh7812

Hey at least I'm not the one who bumped the thread haha :p I can at least say that much. There's a few active monorail threads right now..I have a question and this seems like the most appropriate of the currently active threads to ask it in. As some of you know I posted here earlier tis year that one of my dreams has always been to be a monorail pilot. That is the easiest of my dreams/goals to achieve and I've decided I want to try to make it happen this year. I've thought about the most sensible way to start taking the first steps towards that and to me the first step is start looking at apartments in the Disney area to get price ranges and all that. My question is can someone point me to a good resource that'll help me research that? This'll be the first time in my life I've researched something like apartments/housing so I'd like an easy to understand and use resource. :) I'm heart set on at least trying to make my dream happen and decided not to wait anymore and just go for it, try to do it. If I'm gonna do something this crazy I might as well do it now while I'm young and have good health still! I want to do this in a sensible kind of crazy though. I want to be smart, get my facts and come up with an actual plan so I have a list of potential places to stay and all of that squared away before I do this. Say I get hired, I don't want to be standing there in the middle of Orlando airport going "durrr I didn't think about housing or anything before I left home what do I do now?" I have the next three days off from my current job so I'd like to start my research this weekend. Thank you!

nace888

Since stuff wants to be stupid... THESE are what I was referring to as looking marvelous.
Monorail Peach.jpg

nace888

Got bored, and made a template for Black last night! XD
Monorail Black.jpg

I'd imagine that WDW would try to go for a more "Sleek and Modern" design though, rather than use the iconic Learjet appearance. All I know, is that any new trains will have to be the same size. They can't afford to enlarge anything in the way of the Contemporary, or stations in general.

Thoughts??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom