New Mission: Space information

DonickCo

Original Poster
I road MS today with an x air force Capitan with an interest in space and NASA. He has gown through the real centrifuge training and pulled 9G’s. I started to talk to him online and he told me, up to 3 G’s is enjoyable and you start to feel pain after 5.

After the ride I asked him what he thought, and how many G’s he thought It was and he said just over 2. He also said the ride was a great experience. He would have liked to have felt little more g’s and he liked the take off the best.

Not to my observations, after riding the ride 21 times and talking to every manger I could get my hands on, it seams they are doing most of the tweaking on the yellow ride system, many of the pods have tweaks. For example; some ride vehicles have lights on the entire trip even when you’re in hyper sleep, another pod the loud noises have been removed, another they added black lights that remained on the entire ride, and some have spring loaded head rests. My guess is that these additions have been made based on guest feedback. There are some other’s but it may be a spoiler.

Hope you all enjoy this, if I remember, or notice anything else I post it here.
-DonickCo

AndyMagic

I knew I wasn't crazy. I swore that the spring loaded head restraints were new when I went on it for the 4th time last week and my friends said I was just crazy. Other things I noticed were on my 3rd trip, there were these loud wooshing noises with every movement of the X2 shuttle. It was very effective but on my 4th and 5th rides, it wasn't there. Also, the joystick rumbled on only 2 of the 5 trips. Lastly, which many people have noted already, capcom suddenly jumped from the small screen to the big screen at the end of the ride halfway through the week. If only they could fix the viewability problem that exists when you first enter the pod. I couldn't really see capcom explaining the mission due to the angle the video screens were at. I hope they fix that too. :)

magicjay1989

Today they had a preview for the press and astronaunts all day long untill 3:00 and they opened at 4:00 as like they did yesterday. I rode it for my first time today and I must say it was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I get my film developed I will post the pics of the press.

WDWGuide

Interesting... I hope they won't go for the "lights on during hypersleep" option - that part works great the way it is.

Aplixus

I just saw this on Screamscape and haven't been able to find it already posted.

"Screamscape has also heard an early rumor that they are planning to add new new missions and new destinations in the future, being able to remarket the ride over and over again as something new as they currently do with Twilight Zone. "

I know Screamscape is not the most reliable source and posts alot of rumors but they do get some info right from time to time. This also seems very feasible as the building and queue is not geared to just the current "trip to Mars". It is not until the Pre-show that anything is mentioned about the exact training stuff (though I can be wrong). It would be awesome if they added a new "training program" every couple of years and eventually have 4 different programs, one for each centrifuge, much like TOT.

On a different note, I am wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of how the centrifuge is positioned at different times of the ride. I doubt video of the actual centrifuge operation will appear anytime soon but I am wondering if there is any CMs who have first hand knowledge of this. I have tried to figure this out but it is disorienting during the ride. Does the pod always face the center (axis) or does it rotate towards the the spin. In the launch it seems like the pod rotates clockwise but it might be just a feeling from the centrifuge speeding up.

Sorry for the long post.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
this is just my speculation..

the pods tilt back, forward, left, and right... but not turn around on an axis. The major G's are caused by the centrifuge accelerating and the weightlessness by it slowing down.

Originally posted by Aplixus
I just saw this on Screamscape and haven't been able to find it already posted.

"Screamscape has also heard an early rumor that they are planning to add new new missions and new destinations in the future, being able to remarket the ride over and over again as something new as they currently do with Twilight Zone. "

I know Screamscape is not the most reliable source and posts alot of rumors but they do get some info right from time to time. This also seems very feasible as the building and queue is not geared to just the current "trip to Mars". It is not until the Pre-show that anything is mentioned about the exact training stuff (though I can be wrong). It would be awesome if they added a new "training program" every couple of years and eventually have 4 different programs, one for each centrifuge, much like TOT.

On a different note, I am wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of how the centrifuge is positioned at different times of the ride. I doubt video of the actual centrifuge operation will appear anytime soon but I am wondering if there is any CMs who have first hand knowledge of this. I have tried to figure this out but it is disorienting during the ride. Does the pod always face the center (axis) or does it rotate towards the the spin. In the launch it seems like the pod rotates clockwise but it might be just a feeling from the centrifuge speeding up.

Sorry for the long post.

That could kind of be how the ride ties in with horizons....you get to pick the ending kind of...but you get to Mars...then what? You just stay there.

TURKEY

I don't know if this is accurate or not or if everyone knew...

The CM on the 26th said that they were testing with 2 centrifuges then, a third was operational and the fourth was still being worked on.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I don't know if this is accurate or not or if everyone knew...

The CM on the 26th said that they were testing with 2 centrifuges then, a third was operational and the fourth was still being worked on.

correct. No idea when the fourth is scheduled to be finished--I'm sure Centrifugeer or Corrus could give a better idea of that, but it's probably only a matter of time before the third centrifuge begins testing on guests.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
this is from the management of the attraction... all 4 centrifuges have to be operational and ready for guests by Aug 15

Testtrack321

Thanks for the updates guys, I'm going soon and I can't wait to ride! Also, I think black-lights would be a cool addition to the ride that isn't there now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom