News New Mickey Mouse meet and greet coming to the Imagination! pavilion

TrainsOfDisney

Has anything pulled any real numbers into this theatre lately? Captain EO when it first came back did... but seriously. It’s a big theatre... do something with it. It would make more sense to have a really good show with live performers like 5 times a day. Fill the place up with something truly special!

HauntedMansionFLA

Has anything pulled any real numbers into this theatre lately? Captain EO when it first came back did... but seriously. It’s a big theatre... do something with it. It would make more sense to have a really good show with live performers like 5 times a day. Fill the place up with something truly special!
Frozen theatre - new movie coming out.
Replace Figment ride with Olaf!!

pdude81

They took it a bunch of create a figment machines for this, but not all. We were there on 11/2 and it was normal, but by 11/7 or so they were gone and construction walls were up.

Given all the construction at epcot it's not a terrible location, but I hope they have thought carefully about the flow of foot traffic there

Cmdr_Crimson

They took it a bunch of create a figment machines for this, but not all. We were there on 11/2 and it was normal, but by 11/7 or so they were gone and construction walls were up.

Given all the construction at epcot it's not a terrible location, but I hope they have thought carefully about the flow of foot traffic there
I think the gimmick here is trying to lure guests to the pavilion realising there's an attraction in there and after riding you have the one-two punch-a-roo throwing Meet and greets in the post show...But, this also shows that like Innoventions space It Doesn't matter what's in there just as long as guests find characters..

DoleWhipDrea

They need a spacious area for a Mickey M&G while all of the major construction is underway, and that theater sees hardly any foot traffic. The wait times to see Mickey are generally the longest in the parks, so this feels like a smart and temporary decision until the Play! Pavilion opens.

Fun fact, the Chase Photopass location next door had Minnie and Pluto hanging out this past weekend, and we waited 10 minutes max to see them! Any EPCOT fans will enjoy the beautiful murals inside :)

And hey, this will just drive more foot traffic to the Imagination Pavilion in general...which I imagine is also part of the plan for looking at the area’s (and Figment’s) future.

Bocabear

ugh... I hate to see this under any circumstances....
Isn't the side of Communicore they are not knocking down empty?
Can't people just visit Mickey at the Magic Kingdom where they purpose-built a meet and greet for him?

Disneyson

Can't people just visit Mickey at the Magic Kingdom where they purpose-built a meet and greet for him?

I’m sure Disney’s done a study where they’ve determined that a successful day at a Disney Theme Park for an uninitiated once-in-a-lifetime person that accidentally chose Not Magic Kingdom requires at least one meeting with a princess and the ability to meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and Pluto.

trainplane3

I'm not a M+G person at all but if they have to have a Mickey M+G in each park, make him have a unique costume. Let's say...sliver/raindbow Mickey for Epcot? Nostalgia freaks will love it and little Timmy will get his picture with Mickey after waiting 45 minutes in standby because Mom and Dad didn't want to sacrifice their Nemo FP. Everyone (mostly) wins.

Cmdr_Crimson

While I was there 2 weeks ago there is no sign or anything to notify guests that Mickey is actually in there unless your going in to see the film festival. You just come in and he's right there waiting for guests to see him...Then again, he seems to be having better luck at International Gateway instead as his line is much longer there along with Minnie and Goofy being there as well.

Josh Hendy

Or maybe I'm overthinking this.
More like, Disney is underthinking it.

EDIT not that I'm against Mickey being there. It's a multi-billion dollar park with a long tradition ... is there not a way to incorporate the Disney mascot in there a little bit less randomly? When my kids were young and we were lined up at rope drop to go to Test track or whatever, the big 5 rolled up in a bus to shake hands as a pre show for example.

Cmdr_Crimson

f24d7a64-2fa2-4eed-9ee2-3f1bab84c9c4_text.gif

That's right I'm Bringing this back from Dead as Mickey's move to Communicore hall is Imminent..Which brings the question will this meet and greet spot quietly be removed? or Will Figment Migrate from Imageworks to this spot?

Cmdr_Crimson

So no one has step foot inside Magic Eye ever since Mickey left? I would like to know what happened to the former spot if it's behind a wall or removed entirely???

Sneaky

So no one has step foot inside Magic Eye ever since Mickey left? I would like to know what happened to the former spot if it's behind a wall or removed entirely???
Why would you even need to go in the magic eye anyway? Heck maybe even increase that to the whole pavilion? In my latest trip, I just met figment, got a shoulder plushie of the guy, and left! There’s nothing of value in the imagination pavilion except meeting figment!

Cmdr_Crimson

Why would you even need to go in the magic eye anyway? Heck maybe even increase that to the whole pavilion? In my latest trip, I just met figment, got a shoulder plushie of the guy, and left! There’s nothing of value in the imagination pavilion except meeting figment!
Because it was a former and very odd M&G area before they had moved Mickey back to his former spot in Communicore..I was just curious if the huge pictures of mIckey were removed when you enter the queue of the theater unless they change it with Figment images and move him there eventually...And no I don't see the Snooze fest of a Disney+ 3D show where they could have brought back Honey I Shrunk the Audience for the time being..
Imagination_Full_45449.jpg

DreamfinderGuy

This thread is back? Feels like a proper opportunity to ask - does anyone know if the lobby windows were uncovered once Mickey left? The Magic Eye lobby is one of my favorite little quiet areas in the whole park and it broke my heart to see it ruined when Mickey came in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom