New Menu Additions at EPCOT's Connections Eatery and Regal Eagle Smokehouse - June 2024

JohnD

That black bean burger doesn't look exactly appetizing. What was in the California burger? Let me guess: patty, cheese, avocado, lettuce. Something like that.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Since my better half is Vegetarian, I can definitively say that the jack fruit BBQ sandwich looks much more appealing than the previous jack fruit burger option.

Me on the other hand, I'll take the pulled pork and brisket.

monothingie

That black bean burger doesn't look exactly appetizing. What was in the California burger? Let me guess: patty, cheese, avocado, lettuce. Something like that.
The black bean patties imo are better than the Impossible/Beyond. They don't taste artificial.

That being said, surprised that they went this route considering they have an agreement with Impossible to provide plant based "meats" property wide. Unless that lapsed.

monothingie

I'm not a Vegetarian and the Jack Fruit BBQ looks very good. Can't say that about the black bean burger.
I mean in reality, none of those pictures will come anything close to what is served to you at the actual QS location. I'm not sure why they can't photograph it as it is presented to guests (at least on the same serving dishes/etc.)

meteorwave

In the Parks
Yes
I hope the salad looks a little more plentiful than what's pictured. Because what I see is one leaf of romaine lettuce, four slices of beef brisket, a handful of croutons, and a few tomatoes. I've had a different version of the cake at connections and I really liked this dessert. I love watching them make it too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The black bean patties imo are better than the Impossible/Beyond. They don't taste artificial.

That being said, surprised that they went this route considering they have an agreement with Impossible to provide plant based "meats" property wide. Unless that lapsed.
-
100 GIF by StubHub
and wondering if it's because black beans aren't exactly trying to be meat

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
wondering if it's because black beans aren't exactly trying to be meat

I think that's the distinction. Plant based is more broad than plant based meat. Everything that came out about the relationship between Disney and Impossible was about plant based meat. More specifically there's a texture difference. I think if Disney finely ground the black beans to texturally make it seem more like a meat then Impossible could call foul, but this one seems very clearly show bean chunks.

NelleBelle

I'm vegetarian and am all for a good burger. However, the issue I always have with black bean burgers is the texture. They're usually pretty dry and "paste-like", IMO. Interested to try the jack-fruit burger though. And definitely will be giving the dessert a try--I love matcha!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm vegetarian and am all for a good burger. However, the issue I always have with black bean burgers is the texture. They're usually pretty dry and "paste-like", IMO. Interested to try the jack-fruit burger though. And definitely will be giving the dessert a try--I love matcha!
Disney had one years ago that was pretty good, my carnivore dh was upset when it was replaced. That said some are very good and some are Elmer's glue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom