New Member has a ???

Onamouse

Original Poster
Hi everyone, My wife and I just joined at AKV and are so excited.:sohappy:

My question is can all of you longtime DVC memebers provide us with your best tip regarding anything in the DVC?

Thanks in advance.:)

cemeb4dk

Enjoy it first off. My wife and I bought ours on our honeymoon almost 6 years ago.

Take advantage of the members perks like annual pass discounts and so on. I would also suggest if you are able to plan the 11 months ahead or the 7 months for non home resorts. Book as soon as you can so that you have a better chance of getting the accomodations you want.

JML42691

As soon as you decide on a date for your trip, book your home-resort within the 11 months out, just to make sure that you will be able to go. And if you plan on staying at another DVC resort, then still book your home-resort first, and if you are trying to get a busier resort that is not your home, then book it day by day on each morning of the 7 months out for each night. We tried getting the BW, but we couldn't, we called the day that all of our nights were in the 7 month period too, the woman said to call each morning for each night once that night enters the 7 month period.

brkgnews

No tips here... just a hearty, "welcome home!" and "Welcome to WDWMagic," too! We're apparently neighbors, BTW since I have AKV too. :wave:

Phonedave

As soon as you decide on a date for your trip, book your home-resort within the 11 months out, just to make sure that you will be able to go. And if you plan on staying at another DVC resort, then still book your home-resort first, and if you are trying to get a busier resort that is not your home, then book it day by day on each morning of the 7 months out for each night. We tried getting the BW, but we couldn't, we called the day that all of our nights were in the 7 month period too, the woman said to call each morning for each night once that night enters the 7 month period.

And when you do that, let them know thats what you are doing. That way they will not send you an itenerary change each day you book. They will just send you one at the end when your entire stay is booked. Saves a tree and saves on membership dues (every little bit, right :) )

-dave

MinnieLee

First of all ENJOY IT! We love ours. Few things we could pass along. Book the 11 months at your home resort! Then you can book the 7 months later. Take advantage of the discounts - especially the annual pass discount ($100 off). Besides the discount on the annual you can take than annual for additional discounts DVC does not offer (like the DDE card). Bring you own coffee or tea - they never give you enough to last between Trash and Towel or full cleaning. Try the different resorts. We love BC and Boardwalk because of its proximity to EPCOT -somehow we wind up there at night the most but AKL is beautful. VWL is another really nice resort and it's just a boat ride away from MK. Most of all, WELCOME HOME! It sound so great when you check in! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom