New Location for Fantasia Brooms

Bolt

Original Poster
Old Location
brooms.jpg

New Location (in front of Earl's at Downtown Disney)
539125_730174008611_637695434_n.jpg

jt04

As one who likes to read between the lines this is more than interesting. So many compelling implications to this move potentially. Are you sure these are the same brooms from the Studios?

jt04

Didn't they have a topiary like this at Flower & Garden this year? Is the one from F&G the one near Earl now?

Yes I am noticing that too. It is my impression that removing stuff from a park to be added somewhere else pretty much takes an act of congress and is not something done easily. I suspect a bit of trickery here.

Bolt

Original Poster
My guess is that the spot at DHS was causing that sidewalk to always get jammed, especially during the parade. People would have to sit on one side of the sidewalk while the person getting their picture taken would be on the other causing people to stop or ruin the photo. Regardless, the Brown Derby ones have been gone since the beginning of Flower and Garden.

sWANNISAX

I thought the ones that were usually in front of the brown derby were outside the ticket gate at DHS last week. I remember stopping and thinking thats weird.

jt04

Maybe they'll remove a little more Fantasia from the DHS courtyard while they're at it...

If you catch my drift...

That was my first thought when the OP indicated these were the ones from the Studios. I am hoping for a rather comprehensive reworking of the plaza in front of the theater and the Animation Courtyard. With all the positive buzz from DCA's BVS I think they have to be considering it.

The Empress Lilly

I actually prefer the topiary just outside the gate! Get greeted upon arrival by Mickey, and then I can enjoy my two boulevards, lake and hub being a bit more real worldish, more Hollywood.

Is it me or is Disney overusing Fantasia a bit? Great movie and all, but I would love to see Mickey when he's not playing Potter. Mickey's also lovely when he's playing with Pluto, hanging out with Goofy, or fighting Pegleg Pete!

Kuhio

Is it me or is Disney overusing Fantasia a bit? Great movie and all, but I would love to see Mickey when he's not not playing Potter. Mickey's also lovely when he's playing with Pluto, hanging out with Goofy, or fighting Pegleg Pete!

Maybe it's not Fantasia so much as Mickey from Fantasia. ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing Donald and Daisy, as they appear in the Noah's Ark sequence of Fantasia 2000, have some presence in the parks. Out with the mice, in with the ducks! :D

Kuhio

Hear hear! And Daisy over Minnie... it's criminal the overexposure that other rat gets as well!

I mean, have people seen Daisy in some of the early Donald shorts, like Donald's Dilemma? She'd kick the living pooh out of Minnie in a bar fight...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom