New lights at Typhoon Lagoon

BSikor

Original Poster
I was at Typhoon Lagoon and it looks like during the refurb, new flood lights were installed all around the park. Along Castaway Creek, there are poles about 15-20 feet apart with two heads of lights on each. I noticed the same lights on poles around the wave pool. There were no lights on the slide paths but there are already lights installed in this area. These do not look to be work lights as Disney usually brings in mobile lights for work. These looked more permanent. Could they be looking to expand night time hours?

COProgressFan

I was at Typhoon Lagoon and it looks like during the refurb, new flood lights were installed all around the park. Along Castaway Creek, there are poles about 15-20 feet apart with two heads of lights on each. I noticed the same lights on poles around the wave pool. There were no lights on the slide paths but there are already lights installed in this area. These do not look to be work lights as Disney usually brings in mobile lights for work. These looked more permanent. Could they be looking to expand night time hours?

I thought nighttime lights already existed at Typhoon Lagoon? My understanding was that Typhoon Lagoon had them, but Blizzard Beach did not. I believe there have been evening corporate buyouts before at Typhoon.

MarkTwain

CP cast members have an annual nighttime party at Typhoon every spring as well, to celebrate the end of their program. I'm not sure when this year's is but it could be well be coming up, with the end of the semester.

Space Mountain

I thought nighttime lights already existed at Typhoon Lagoon? My understanding was that Typhoon Lagoon had them, but Blizzard Beach did not. I believe there have been evening corporate buyouts before at Typhoon.

Typhoon does have lighting, though it is still fairly dark in most areas. The only section without lighting is the Crush n Gusher complex (beaches and pools). Any time there's a night event, CMs have to keep Guests out of that area. It would be wonderful to finally get lighting over there.

COProgressFan

Typhoon does have lighting, though it is still fairly dark in most areas. The only section without lighting is the Crush n Gusher complex (beaches and pools). Any time there's a night event, CMs have to keep Guests out of that area. It would be wonderful to finally get lighting over there.

That's a shame. Obviously they decided to save a few $$ there during construction.

tim911

I was there last week and noticed them too around the lazy river. They are clearly not complete as not all the poles had lights attached and their were markers in spots where they were still adding poles. Judging from the level of theming this is most liekly an Ops decision/design with little or no Imagineering oversight. The conduit running between each pole/light is not disguised and, even though not complete, it does not appear they will be adding theming later either. My guess is they were installed as more of a safety feature rather than an attempt to have later hours.

Jakester

Whenever I picked up a shift at Typhoon for some of the buyouts, I would gaze time to time at the Boat on the Mountain (can't recall the name ATM) and just visulized the place performing a Low-Mid level pyro show.

I'd love to see Typhoon open later in summer.

GrumpyFan

Probably new LED lights with a lot more brightness and in a lot more places if I had to guess.
Sounds pretty cool though! I would definitely love to do a night at TL if they offered it.
Do they have movie nights there during the summer, where they put a movie on a screen at the back of the wave pool and do it kind of like a drive-in?

Bairstow

Seems like they've already got some lighting in place.
Not the party lights, I mean. Check out the stuff inside the lazy river and on the ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom