New Lightning Rod on Space Ship Earth

How long until this metal pole is hit by lightning?

• A day

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • A week

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • A month

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • A quarter

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • A half-year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A whole year

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • It'll never take a direct hit

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeCamel

All we know is there is a camera housing on a pole up there. Next to it are many lightning rods so stand at AA during the storms to get some stunning pictures of the strikes. It has cover while you make the images

very prickley

Spaceship-Earth-Construction.png

Goofyernmost

I mentioned in another thread that it might be part of the new, if nothing else we are gaudy, Spaceship Earth lighting system. Since there is no one tall enough to see the top section of the sphere they might have put it there so they can see if the lights are all working, and if not which ones aren't. But, heck conspiracy theories seem to be our go to reaction these days, so lets go with they are taking a count of all bald people that are coming into the park.

Hollywood 1939

Can't wait for the angry posts about how it ruins theming and the Photoshops of the rest of the park icons with oversized lightning rods to prove a hyperbolic point

Tom Morrow

Can't wait for the angry posts about how it ruins theming and the Photoshops of the rest of the park icons with oversized lightning rods to prove a hyperbolic point

It's not the end of the world, but it does look bad. A very obvious rod that can be seen from the parking lot ruins the giant perfect* geosphere whereas it could be made to blend in on the other icons.

For example, there already are cameras on top of Tower of Terror, but you don't notice because they're on a building that already has a lot of pointy bits and rods on it.

*yes I'm aware it's not technically a perfect sphere

Sir_Cliff

On a side note, do they still have the cameras on the Mexico pavilion? That always struck me as particularly terrible show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom