New Legacy Discount Method

Parteecia

Original Poster
A friend received the following email but I didn't. I seem to receive their emails haphazardly. I did get the Welcome Legacy Passholders! one,

Did others get this? It seems unnecessarily complicated.

Dear Legacy Passholder,

The next time you visit Disneyland Resort, there will be a new way to validate and process your applicable discount.

You may continue to enjoy your applicable discounts, based on Passport type, on select merchandise and food and beverages at select locations until new membership offerings are announced. Beginning tomorrow, you must show a new digital discount ticket as well as your Annual Passport and valid photo identification in order to receive your applicable discounts. If you are unable to present your Annual Passport and valid photo identification with the discount ticket, the discount will not be applied.

If you have previously linked your Passport to your Disney account through the Disneyland app*, a new digital discount ticket will automatically be updated to your account via the app—it may take up to three days from the date of this email to show. To view your discount ticket, simply open the Disneyland app, tap “Tickets and Passes,” and your digital discount ticket will be available to view. You will then be able to use your new digital ticket barcode to validate your discount—in addition to showing your Annual Passport and valid photo identification—when making select merchandise or food and beverage purchases.

If you have not previously linked your Passport to your Disney account, we will send an email in the coming weeks with easy instructions on how to obtain and link your new digital discount ticket to your Disney account. Or, in case we are not able to reach you by email, you may contact Passholder Member Services at (714) 781-4567 or use the chat feature via the Disneyland app to help you link your discount ticket to your Disney account. Online registration is required.

Your new Legacy Passholder discount ticket will show an expiration date of April 30, 2021. Please note, this expiration date will be automatically extended until new membership offerings are announced, and you may continue to receive applicable discounts until that time. To check for the updated expiration date of your digital discount ticket, view the ticket in the Disneyland app or visit Disneyland.com/LegacyPassholderDiscounts.

Once the discount ticket is linked to your Disney account, you are all set and can begin to show the discount ticket through the Disneyland app to validate your discount. Just present your new Legacy Passholder discount barcode on the discount ticket in the app (along with your Annual Passport and valid photo identification) when you are ready to make an eligible purchase, or enjoy your discounts on select purchases in the app when using mobile order or mobile checkout.

Please be sure to link your digital discount ticket prior to your next visit to the Disneyland Resort.

If you have any questions or have trouble linking your digital discount ticket, please contact Passholder Member Services at (714) 781-4567 or use the chat feature via the Disneyland app.

Continue to stay connected with the Disneyland Legacy Passholder Facebook page for updates and special offers. We thank you for your continued patience and loyalty.

We can’t wait to see you soon!

Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholder Team​

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I got an email on March 1st telling me I'm a legacy pass holder and to make sure my email subscriptions are turned on for Disneyland® Resort (from Disney Destinations) to receive Legacy Passholder emails.

Emails probably go out in batches as to not overwhelm the email server. I'll keep a lookout to see if I get this one.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Didn’t get any emails. Went on the chat option on the app and they responded back 7 hours later. Told them that I never got any info about the new legacy pass that was suppose to be added to my app. She was very helpful and loaded it onto my app after I filled out a form she sent. I guess I was suppose to get it loaded a couple of days later.

Parteecia

Original Poster
My pass expired in May and they removed it from the app at that time. I just reinstalled the app and the new discount is there. But I wouldn't have known anything about it if my friend hadn't shared.

Emmanuel

I got my Legacy Discount ticket on my app today. Didn't had to call them or anything. They sent me an email with a code to enter in the "Link tickets and passes" section.

Emmanuel

How long will legacy AP discounts be offered? I’m trying to determine how upset I should be that I didn’t renew my AP last March.

I think they said until the new program is announced and who knows how long after the park reopens that they’ll make that announcement

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom