New JP ride

DWImagineer

Original Poster
I don't if you have heard this, but there is a new JP ride being built between the Jurassic Park and the Lost Continent lands. The tracks are rumored to be on site already. The ride is scheduled to open 2007. It is also to be rumored the jeep scene from JP1. Does anyone have any confirmation on this or pictures of the new track?

Michael72688

I'm pretty sure that track you are talking about is for the new Seuss Sky Trolley ride which is supposed to open this summer. JP has been rumored to get a ride but there still has been no announcement.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Oh, okay. The tracks were for Seuss, but there is still a strongly rumored JP ride, hopefully in 2007, when JP4 goes to theaters.

Legacy

DWImagineer said:
Oh, okay. The tracks were for Seuss, but there is still a strongly rumored JP ride, hopefully in 2007, when JP4 goes to theaters.
There was... but I would expect to see something starting now if they were still going through with it.

I lost my one source with Universal, but I have heard nothing of land being cleared, prep work or anything about the new JP ride being built. It's possible they pushed it back and are planning on McBean's to carry them through for a couple of years. I would expect the next big attraction in 4-6 years.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
I hope it doesn't take too long. universal's been known to pul together great rides in short time. I heard the ride might take over the now closed Triceratops Encounter. Is that still closed or is it open?

JROK

There is no ride coming there, atleast not yet. The Triceratops Encounter has been closed for quite some time and nothing has been replaced, and no work is being done there. Nothing is buzzing about backstage about these attractions or areas either.

PencilTest

I've recently heard the "new JP ride" rumor from a couple of places, too. But, alas, I've never heard any sort of confirmation. Perhaps someday.

disney_nutter

The Jp new ride rumour has been floating about for a year or two, think it was meant to be a jeep ride but nothing offical has never been said.

Legacy

disney_nutter said:
The Jp new ride rumour has been floating about for a year or two, think it was meant to be a jeep ride but nothing offical has never been said.
The two big rumors have been the Jeepventure and the Aviary Flying Coaster. As need as the Jeep ride would be, I would prefer to see the aviary be the chosen attraction do to the fact that it would be an incredibly strong weinie, the first of its kind and Florida, and if they build it correctly would add so much to the IoA skyline. Just imagine walking into IoA and across the lagoon you see the JP Discovery Center, the River Adventure Showbuilding and a large Aviary, holding the attraction. Also, it would probably be a lot cheaper than building a dark ride, because less would be involved.

They should still throw some animatronic pterydons at you during the course of the ride, as well as keep the foliage relatively thick. But honestly, I think another coaster would be a better bet for bringing people back to IoA than anything else.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
The Pterandon Birdcage coaster sounds cool too. I hope they build both, because the Jurassic Park area has so much potential.

Michael72688

I would love to see the bird cage idea happen. Get rid of P-Flyers and the trike encounter. Make it a flying coaster something we dont have here so it would be unique from that stand point and the fact that it is in a cage. Also you could have part of it in a cave and flip the riders on their backs and have the pterydons fly over them. I know if you look at the area from the satelite views it doesnt look that big but you could do a lot with that area. I just really hope they build something big and soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom