New Island Ideas?

Mrs.Toad

Thanks! I love classic movies.

And interesting that Lost Continent is going. Never gonna happen, but it would be nice if Disney jumped on this for AK. Having a Greek, Roman, or really any ancient world mythological land, with various creatures, (maybe a revamped and re-imagined Beastly Kindgom or touches of it) would be nice if Avatarland doesn't gel or work out. Always wanted Greece, Egypt, India, etc, other countries with vast histories going back to ancient times represented as a World Showcase country in Epcot but maybe they can be in AK. It happened with Africa and Southeast Asia. Never made it to Epcot but they are somewhat represented in AK. Not holding my breath though.

Now I hope Mythos stays if LC goes. Because now the theming would be gone besides the restaurant. Kind of like what I asked in another thread. With Jaws and Amity gone, it seems they are going to keep Richter's and Lombard's but is it really a San Fransisco section anymore?

JT3000

Now I hope Mythos stays if LC goes. Because now the theming would be gone besides the restaurant. Kind of like what I asked in another thread. With Jaws and Amity gone, it seems they are going to keep Richter's and Lombard's but is it really a San Fransisco section anymore?

Why would San Fran no longer be San Fran? Because they removed an adjacent area with a completely different theme?

Animaniac93-98

- I'm 100% in favour of Monster Island (...or Peninsula). Dracula, Wolf Man, Frankenstein, have them all, but keep Mummy at USF. What space would the Toon Lagoon theatre and surrounding area give?
- I actualy like the themeing of Lost Continent so I think it should stay in some form, but maybe replace the two shows.
- Resurface MSI to give it more texture and deatil and maybe ditch DDFF (kind of an eyesore) for another Marvel ride. Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, take your pick.
- Another Seuss ride would be nice
- I'd like to see the AAs on JPRA updated, or maybe get some new skin

Turtle

give?
- I actualy like the themeing of Lost Continent so I think it should stay in some form, but maybe replace the two shows.
- Resurface MSI to give it more texture and deatil and maybe ditch DDFF (kind of an eyesore) for another Marvel ride. Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, take your pick.

Marvel Superhero Island cannot add anymore rides due to the Disney contract. Btw, what does DDFF stand for?

disney fan 13

All I can say is Tom Cruise better throw down in Van Helsing because some of the concepts to put a new spin on a horror island would be revolutionary.

If UNI made a monster island ( hopefully In the place of TL) it would be the most amazing thing ever. ( IMO of course ;)) Seriously, this is turning out to be the Universal Decade. (Take that Eisner!)

How about an Oz island? Over in Universal Studios Japan they used to have an area called The Land of Oz that featured a shortened version of the musical Wicked. I would love to see perhaps a dark boatride through Oz and a Wicked musical. Throw in some unique scenery, dining, and shopping, and I think the new island would be a hit.

HTF

Disney is tightening the noose on this franchise and waiting to pull the trigger if this new Oz movie is a success.

Turtle

Replacing Toon Lagon

Nintendo World:
1. Mario Kart - Like Radiator Springs Racers through the worlds of Mario (Yoshi Island, Princess Peach's Castle, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong River Falls)
2. Pokémon: Gotta Catch 'Em All - Go on a hunt to see who can capture the most pokemon with shooting ride technology.
3. The Legend of Zelda - Dark ride

a. Yoshi Island Playground - Playground for little kids
b. Nintendo Gaming Station - Future of Nintendo games with guests able to try it out

- Untitled Mario Restaurant
- PokéCenter - Exit of Pokemon ride where you can buy items
- Legend of Zelda Store- Mario Store

Lots of nice, colorful, and green in this area. Appeals to kid, teen, and adult without needing to use roller-coasters or big thrills. Will reel in the gamer demographic to the park like Harry Potter did to the Potterheads

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom