New Info on Four New Tokyo Attractions

Robbiemoo

I think these projects could be a good way to raise the bar in some of the more dated areas of the park.

I wonder if the tomorrowland expansion will involve a Star Wars sub land?

SweetDuffy101

Beauty and the beast area from what we know it has Gastons Tavern, Enchanted Tales with Belle, From the permits that have been filed this one might have both The Be our Guests restaurant and a Dark ride. all in one Building

wdwfan4ver

Wow! We would be going nuts if they did that to Disneyland. Their Tomorrowland must suck to want to keep Toontown.
I know for a fact that Tokyo Disneyland was supposed to get a make over years ago called SFI-City that got cancelled due to the imagineers work on Tokyo Disney Sea. I read all the details about Sci-Fi City. The fact the imagineers planned on doing to redo of Tomorrowland to Sci-FI City before speaks volumes of how bad that Tokyo Disneyland's version of Tomorrowland was at the time and still is.

Tokyo Disneyland's Space Mountain was going to get an upgrade called Hyper Space Mountain. Sci-fi City also was supposed get the following.
  • Sci-FI Zoo - featuring animatronic alien creatures.
  • Autopia gets updated to lunar Rovers. It would be a ride now set on the moon amongst huge craters.
  • Flying Saucers - based on the Disneyland ride
  • UFO Encounter - using a combination of Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Mission: SPACE, and robot arm technology to simulate an alien abduction.
  • Cybermind Roller Coaster - Set inside a huge black pyramid, intended to be a mysterious alien device, riders would have found themselves inside an alien computer where they would be perceived as a virus and forced to escape.
  • Rocket Bikes - race around the outside of the building on two tracks, each racing the other.
  • Alien Biker Bar

Last edited:

Phroobar

Sounds like some good ideas for Disneyland's remake of Tomorrowland. Cybermind Rollercoaster and Rocket Bikes sounds like the Tron coaster mashed together.

wdwfan4ver

Sounds like some good ideas for Disneyland's remake of Tomorrowland. Cybermind Rollercoaster and Rocket Bikes sounds like the Tron coaster mashed together.
Yep, but it is a shame that is never could happen now due to downsize of Tomorrowland coming up. Those idea came from Eddie Sotto, a former Disney Imagineer. Eddie Sotto created those plans back in the 1995 to 1998 time period at a time that he still was with Disney as an Imagineer.

Twilight_Roxas

Do they somewhat have plans for Marvel theme attractions in Tokyo Disneyland, and Tokyo Disneysea? Not counting the Spiderman attraction in Universal Studios Japan.

SweetDuffy101

Opening of Fantasyland Phase 1 and Arrendale opens in march 2018 and For the coming years you'll see a new fantasyland. There will an overhaul in The land and all attractions and shops etc. will recieve major upgrades and some other major attractions throughout the park. it starts of with Peter pan and next is BTM and the lists goes on and on and when all the major attractions are refresh then TL and ROA. comes inyo play.

SweetDuffy101

Disney Sea too will be seeing upgraded and new attractions a new attraction in Port Discovery (Title Unknown) based on the finding nemo series.
and a new show in Hangar stage in July 2016.
BBB is getting renewed this April 2016. and Seasonal shows will level up in 2017 there is a 150 billion yen budget in it through 2023. including new guests experience such as a new smartphone app like My magic plus. the new app stars rolling in next year. and one more thing. FANTASMIC and OUAT will both receive an overhaul before 2018.
Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel is not part of the Budget.

BrianLo

Opening of Fantasyland Phase 1 and Arrendale opens in march 2018 and For the coming years you'll see a new fantasyland.

They need start up construction to make that timeline. The way they have forecasted their capital expenditures for this fiscal year it certainly seems like they will be getting underway any day now, but I'm not sure what's taking them so long to start.

SweetDuffy101

They need start up construction to make that timeline. The way they have forecasted their capital expenditures for this fiscal year it certainly seems like they will be getting underway any day now, but I'm not sure what's taking them so long to start.
Permits have already been filed last month. and it's Tokyo everything is fast unlike US parks. and they have strict policy over construction dates.

BrianLo

Permits have already been filed last month. and it's Tokyo everything is fast unlike US parks. and they have strict policy over construction dates.

Good to hear! You wouldn't be able to point me in the direction of the permits, would you? I assume there is an equivalent TDR Japanese forum somewhere out there with news and rumours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom