new info about Contemporary rehab.

genxer27

Original Poster
Sorry if this was already posted, but the latest word now on the Contemporary is that when it goes into rehab this October, the garden wings will be completely torn down and maybe rebuilt, but not as DVC villas.

TURKEY

genxer27 said:
Sorry if this was already posted, but the latest word now on the Contemporary is that when it goes into rehab this October, the garden wings will be completely torn down and maybe rebuilt, but not as DVC villas.
What's your source?

Robfasto

We already had this topic going a while back...

Although I feel that unless there is structural damage to the Wings I don't see it happening and if it does not until October 2006 when the Disneyland stuff is over.

They do have a 'test' room set up in one of the Garden Wings for the new room rehab but still haven't gotten a green light for it.

TURKEY

Robfasto said:
We already had this topic going a while back...

Although I feel that unless there is structural damage to the Wings I don't see it happening and if it does not until October 2006 when the Disneyland stuff is over.

They do have a 'test' room set up in one of the Garden Wings for the new room rehab but still haven't gotten a green light for it.
I'm hearing that rehab is a go for the remodel for the rooms. Nothing about tearing anything down though.

speck76

genxer27 said:

Site your source please.

The reliable info I have heard is that 1 wing will be torn down, and rebuilt as villas.....of course, plans do change.

lamarvenoy

Does anyone know if you can actually stay in that test room? If its possible what is the number so it can be requested. I don't know about anybody else but I think the rehab should include a new bigger, more exotic pool. It's kind of lame that the moderates have cooler pools.

s25843

lamarvenoy said:
Does anyone know if you can actually stay in that test room? If its possible what is the number so it can be requested. I don't know about anybody else but I think the rehab should include a new bigger, more exotic pool. It's kind of lame that the moderates have cooler pools.

No, you cannot stay in the test room.

genxer27

Original Poster
TURKEY said:
What's your source?

A CM who works for the Vacation club told me the garden wings would be torn down, and maybe rebuilt with more morden rooms. That's all I know for right now.

Robfasto

genxer27 said:
A CM who works for the Vacation club told me the garden wings would be torn down, and maybe rebuilt with more morden rooms. That's all I know for right now.

A CM whom is an Engineer told me that they would not be torn down...

speck76

this kind of shows the reliability (or lack of reliability) of CM info.......

With so many people working at one site, rumors can lead to all sorts of different stories....

MOUSESURPLUS

The Truth To End The Speculation

the wing are not being tore down they are being totally remodeled, the bathroom counters and all furniture is being removed and all new carpet and flat screen tvs installed, the south wing starts may 30th then moves to tower during june with completion by october, how do we know you can getthe furniture and everything else from else, starting in june thanks

DisneyJill

MOUSESURPLUS said:
the wing are not being tore down they are being totally remodeled, the bathroom counters and all furniture is being removed and all new carpet and flat screen tvs installed, the south wing starts may 30th then moves to tower during june with completion by october, how do we know you can getthe furniture and everything else from else, starting in june thanks

How do you know this for sure??

AHoyt

DisneyJill said:
How do you know this for sure??

He already explained (in broken English or really bad typing), he is selling all of the old stuff that is going to be gutted from the Contemporary through e-bay (I assume) starting in June.

BRER STITCH

AHoyt said:
He already explained (in broken English or really bad typing), he is selling all of the old stuff that is going to be gutted from the Contemporary through e-bay (I assume) starting in June.

WOOHOO!!

Rotted out bathroom sink - HERE I COME!!!

Stained rug - COUNT ME IN!!!

Dressers with mysterious hairs in every drawer - I AM THERE!!!

:lol:

jmuboy

I have to go with what MouseSurplus says. he sells WDW's leftover "junk" so he should know. That said, the quoted timeline seems awful tight to renovate 1000 rooms.

Anyone know if the "common areas" (restaurants, shops, lobby, etc) will get any new touches or updates?

Robfasto

jmuboy said:
I have to go with what MouseSurplus says. he sells WDW's leftover "junk" so he should know. That said, the quoted timeline seems awful tight to renovate 1000 rooms.

Anyone know if the "common areas" (restaurants, shops, lobby, etc) will get any new touches or updates?

I agree, also looking at how long the Polynesian Rehab is been going on I would think you need to had another 12 months to this time table as anything under 1 year for 1000 rooms is to much to hope for. With this time table it is 3 month or about 90 days which would be 11 rooms per day being finished. Last time I was at the All-Star Sports they where fixing a room that had been trashed (the only room with work) and my stay was 4 days and the room wasn't finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom