News New Hyper-Reality Experiences to be Set in Disney Universes; ‘Ralph Breaks VR’ Debuts Fall 2018

AshaNeOmah

When I did Star Wars they hinted that Ralph would be next. Star Wars can have at least 2 games happening at the same time, so I expect one of them to remain and one to go Ralph.

Better get to it in 2019 though. I wouldn't be surprised by a Star Wars update in 2020.

geekza

Can anyone give me a good idea of what the Void experience is like? I have a VR headset and it's a lot of fun, but limited. I know that you can move around freely in the Void, but are there physical elements that mimic in shape or layout what you're seeing in the goggles? I mean, are there doors to walk through or that kind of thing or is it just a big, empty room where you can only move five or six feet?

Rteetz

Can anyone give me a good idea of what the Void experience is like? I have a VR headset and it's a lot of fun, but limited. I know that you can move around freely in the Void, but are there physical elements that mimic in shape or layout what you're seeing in the goggles? I mean, are there doors to walk through or that kind of thing or is it just a big, empty room where you can only move five or six feet?
It’s pretty immersive. You are suited up with a vest and headset. For the Star Wars one you also get a blaster.

You are then moved into a room and it’s almost like a maze but you are in a small battle with the dark side. You will sit and move at times.

geekza

Guess this means Stitch won’t become a VR Wreck It Ralph attraction as that will seem a bit redundant.
That was killed a while back because of throughput issues, mostly. If the new film is a huge hit, it may rear its head again. Also, they can make a lot more money charging people at the Void. ;)

shifteru

I hope so. I'm in the minority that wasn't crazy about the first Ralph and feel like the new one is going to be one big product-placement party. Ready Player One had the same problem.

FWIW, I booked mid-November Star Wars the Void last night before I knew about this, so I'm assuming they'll run both and just switch the settings based on which experience the guest chooses.

Rteetz

For those wondering, this is how you buy tickets. It's all Star Wars right now. Looks like you could just walk in on any given day given how high the price is and what a ghost town this end of Disney Springs is. I had no idea this was here.
https://www.thevoid.com/locations/orlando#buy-tickets
$30 is not a lot. Also it’s been incredibly popular. Even with a reserved time slot there can/will be waits.

MagicJack78

I hope so. I'm in the minority that wasn't crazy about the first Ralph and feel like the new one is going to be one big product-placement party. Ready Player One had the same problem.
Wreck it Ralph was great. I also really loved Ready Player One!!!
For me it was the most underrated movies of the Summer, but I understand we all have different attachments.

Rteetz

Very interesting comment: $30 for one attraction is not a lot. Yet, on these boards (not you - a more general statement) people complain about $75-$100 for EMM or a party ticket. Or $100 for a full day of rides...
I paid it and had a great experience. I have considered other add ons many times. Some I feel more likely to do than others. Everyone has a different way of seeing value in things.

*Q*

For those wondering, this is how you buy tickets. It's all Star Wars right now. Looks like you could just walk in on any given day given how high the price is and what a ghost town this end of Disney Springs is. I had no idea this was here.
https://www.thevoid.com/locations/orlando#buy-tickets
$30 is not a lot. Also it’s been incredibly popular. Even with a reserved time slot there can/will be waits.
Also the Marketplace is the busiest section of Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom