NEW Hotel

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
What kind of hotel would you like to see disney make? I think an the Mediteerain idea is good or a Under water one would be neat too!

WDW-Imagineer

I would like to see the Venetian one be built between TTC & Contemporary. Although I have heard that they have been having land stability (sinking) problems there and that's why they haven't built it already.

I hope they stop making those tacky value resorts... or at least theme them differently.

Seano846

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
I would like to see the Venetian one be built between TTC & Contemporary. Although I have heard that they have been having land stability (sinking) problems there and that's why they haven't built it already.

I hope they stop making those tacky value resorts... or at least theme them differently.

I fully agree; there are enough value resorts

castlecake

Maybe a hotel like the Hotel Du Canada, or a hotel that looks like Tower of terror(i wouldn't want to use the elevator there though)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by castlecake
Maybe a hotel like the Hotel Du Canada, or a hotel that looks like Tower of terror(i wouldn't want to use the elevator there though)

In Michael Eisner's book, he mentioned making ToT into an entire hotel, when it was being designed. But do to financial reasons and the actual reality of building it, he decided not to do it.

Debbie

I would like to see the other hotels that were envisioned when Walt Disney drew up his master plan go up.

Dizknee_Phreek

All Star Music is the best value resort they've ever made! it's one of my most fave resorts to stay in! (Dixie Landings is another, with Wilderness Lodge a close 2nd) I'm not fond of the others. Sports is ok...but it's sports...i'm not a big sports fan...plus i don't like it's layout. i really don't like the movies one. and i really don't know about the pop-century one. i've seen promo pics of it, and i'm just not sure if i'll like it or not. i can't stay there, cuz i'm a DVC member, and value resorts are a 'no-no' for members...the points don't cover them, unfortunately...but i can understand their reasoning for doing that.

i think a resort based on Epcot would be cool...like having different complexes based on the different countries! or maybe have like a Tomorrowland based one!
but i'm gonna suggest the Epcot one to my sister for mine and her imaginary company....course, it wouldn't be based on Epcot, but one of our 'theme parks in the making'.

d dude

The idea of a Epcot hotel is asome. my favoriot so far are the wildernes lodge and key west resort. and i also would like to see disney stop building the value resorts.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by d dude
The idea of a Epcot hotel is asome. my favoriot so far are the wildernes lodge and key west resort. and i also would like to see disney stop building the value resorts.

My problem isn't the value resorts, its how they theme them. They all look like a child's bedroom or some cartoon. How can any adult stand to stay there?? I think the value resorts are a staple to WDW, but please... stop theming them all the same way.

Lee L

I always thought the Venetian concept would be cool but since the guy that bought the old Sands hotel in Las Vegas has built a 3 billion dollar hotel called of all things "The Venetian" in which he actually brought in Italian artisans to do decorative work and spent weeks just picking out the color of the bottom of the fake canal I doubt they will do it now. I don't think even Disney can do it as good as that place. Anyone who has been there can attest to this, it is awesome.

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
The only reason they build Value Resorts is to make it possible for the to build a cheap resort, fit more people, and allow people with less money to come.

Tink

The value resorts are themed with a kid-slant because a lot of kids groups stay there as well as families with kids who are trying to save money. It makes sense. To a kid coming to stay at Disney World, any of the All-Star resorts are more awesome than the Grand Floridian. If they were going to build another value resort maybe a Florida themed one would be cool with all kinds of kiztchy references like giant oranges, flamingoes, etc. and the color theme and style like old Miami (art deco, etc.)?

That being said, I think it would be nice to see more moderate or deluxe resorts go up. I like the international, World Showcase and Future World ideas.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom