New high-tech guest laundry machines rolled out at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

daisyduckie

I'm just a pushover for domestication tech. ;)

Seriously though, it seems that he majority of people that do laundry, do it at the resorts at night after kids are in bed or settled-in or if they have very young children and they are back at the resort for a mid-day break/nap.

...at least that is what I've observed/striking up conversations with the other Moms who are hanging out in the laundry room. I'd rather be able to hang out in the room with our kids and go when I know the laundry is ready vs. running back and forth/waiting it out.

So maybe we should be saying Thanks for doing your work while we are on vacation, and slowing down the internet service.:p

NelsonRD

Wow really lol? You are finding a way to get mad about this? And btw complaining about slowing down your email and then complaining people will look at this instead of their kids is a little hypocritical... You are complaining you can't load a 10kb work email as fast as before but you're also complaining people are looking at this while in Disney lol? Also this makes it easier for people to be willing to spend the time while laundry is going with their family as opposed to in the laundry room because they're worried it will finish earlier than the initial estimate...

You clearly missed the point. The point was a joke about throwing technology at something because it can be done, not because it really needed to be done, and a little plug at the people constantly on their phones, even on vacation.

rob0519

Great news for those of us that do laundry on vacation. The last 2 visits to the CR I found the dryers to be absolutely dreadful, yet the dryers at the Poly worked fine. So new, efficient machines are a plus. Yes, most people try to do the laundry after 11:00 or 12:00 PM when their kids are asleep. I found getting up at 6:00 and doing it early makes it easier to get the machines I need.

TheRabbit

I just booked an ALR for June 6th , 10am for both wash and dry! they told me that some people cannot get their wash and dry reservations consecutive and they have to bring back their damp laundry hours later....
Thats hysterical! It's gotten so busy that you have to book a reservation to do some laundry on your vacation. lol If someone suggested this 5 yrs ago, they would have been laughed off this site! So what is next, reservations to use the pool at your hotel????

Kevin_W

I just booked an ALR for June 6th , 10am for both wash and dry! they told me that some people cannot get their wash and dry reservations consecutive and they have to bring back their damp laundry hours later....

There is no reservation... they are joking. Yo ucan just monitor the status of the machines (and availability) via the internet.

Personally, I think this is very cool and I've only done laundry once at WDW. It's also nice that they take credit cards, since I very rarely carry cash. I think it's a nice application of modern technology to something fairly mundane like alundromat.

cspencer96

It is a third-party laundry system, so integrating MagicBands was probably beyond the scope of what could be done.
Not beyond it, necessarily. My college campus uses the same system, and it has full integration with our RFID Campus ID cards and RFID room key fobs. Makes it super easy to do laundry - we actually get push notifications when to come back to pick our clothes up, and the machines only unlock when the same ID card is tapped or swiped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom