New here, contemporary question

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thank you all again. Love the pictures! Great idea of packing some snacks. We are traveling in mid-April. I am guessing the park lines will be very crowded due to spring break. Has anyone traveled during that time and how was the lines?

Thanks
Kevin
I've been there the week before Easter. It gets crowded, but if you plan ahead it's not bad. I would suggest using a site like touringplans.com. They can give you a good idea of crowd levels each day of your stay as well as which park is the best to visit and which to avoid. The touring plans are good too especially during busy times.

KeithVH

Can anyone staying at the Contemporary go on the roof to watch the fireworks or is it only for the California Grill patrons ?

We were there in February and they had locked it down to dining customers only. Still a fair amount of people but not the madness it has been in the past. However, dining patrons include those who are only going to the lounge (if seating is available) so if you just want an adult beverage and not pop for dinner, that's a way to get access too.

Jessica Meier

Wow… great information so far ! My granddaughters are 9 and 8. Is the pool decent ? I keep reading things about soda mugs. At All Star, there was a food court to get some quick food and a not so bad price. Does the CR have anything that can compare to that? Also, we are not renting a car do just going to use the Monorail or bus service. Is there a way to buy some snacks and stuff for the room ?

Thanks
Kevin
They have a quick service but isn't as large as the value resorts. They have a goods store where you can buy items like snacks and stuff but you may just want to travel with some or have them delivered to the hotel. Selection is okay but pricey. We loved our stay at the CR and now can't think of staying anywhere else without serious contemplation. :) enjoy your trip!

DisneyDaver

Dinner California Grill is the best meal at WDW. I'd go so far to say that I've had a couple meals there that were some of the best I've ever had anywhere. Make a reservation (as soon as you are permitted to do so as they fill up fast) so you can see Wishes from one of their outdoor balconies.

Disneykidder

Bay Lake Tower is where we stayed this past August. It is incredible. I think the best part is the monorail. We liked the convenience of walking to the MK (can be quicker than the mono) but taking the mono home...about a 20 second ride. We took the mono to Epcot, too. You just have to get off at the TTC and make a loop and go to the Epcot mono and you'll be there in minutes. What's also nice about the mono is that you can use it to visit the other mono resorts and even use their food court. We made an early night one night and took the monorail to the Poly and ate at Captain Cook's (their QS) and watched the water pageant from the beach there and then took the mono back home. The shops in the Contemporary are awesome and the views and unsurpassed. I can't say enough great things about it. Chef Mickey's is there, which we love. Watching Wishes from the balcony is truly awesome.

Have fun!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom