New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

zachrupertdsn

So will the show building be flat and just painted, or will it have dimension and depth like the other building I attached?

Slightly disappointed it is getting the box cover up, but only because the rest of the ride seems so well themed.

And yes, I also think the big box for Guardians is also very disappointing.

GLaDOS

Yeah, worried that is the case. We rode Race through New York with Jimmy Fallon about a month before the official open. Hoping maybe this one is that far ahead as well, as we will be there the second week of May.

Hopefully it works out for you! I just feel like they have quite a bit of theming/planting still to do around the track, so I'm expecting very limited softs

MagicJack78

So will the show building be flat and just painted, or will it have dimension and depth like the other building I attached?

Slightly disappointed it is getting the box cover up, but only because the rest of the ride seems so well themed.

View attachment 356379
To me its a big difference. This is an outdoor ride so the show building if visible is part of the show element; whereas the Guardians ride occurs within the Show building and is not part of the ride.

Regardless, I'm excited to ride this coaster!

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I mean, the AA is already visible in aerial pictures.
Right, but in those pictures he looks to be asleep, which suggested to me that he might be static. Not many creatures that big can survive outside when they're animated, so it didn't seem safe to assume he would move. But like I said, glad to be wrong about it!

JoeCamel

View attachment 356379
They started painting the sky background so what you see is what you get.

Disneyhead'71

They started painting the sky background so what you see is what you get.
Yes, but it is not just sky blue. It will have trees painted on it with real trees in front of it to create depth. Also that area will have massive tree roots that surround the track partially hiding the building.

And yes, for those concerned, Fluffy is an animatronic built by Lifeforms. As is the Unicorn. I'm not sure who is building the Hagrid/Blast-Ended Skrewt and Centaur AAs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom